The Book of Boba Fett: Part 1

8 months later...

Elaine twisted the fabric of her sleeve as she followed Mando through the corridors. He was limping, and the injury looked like it was from the Darksaber.

Mando had barely spoken since he finished the job. Ever since Grogu was gone, both him and Elaine felt something missing from them. Like and empty hole that nothing could fill.

They came to a ladder and Mando went down first, then guiding Elaine down. Mando took her hand as they walked the rest of the to the covert. He felt her tight grip, her tiny hand in his large one. He tried to ignore the pain in his leg as he walked, focusing on Elaine's presence instead.

When they entered the covert, the first thing Mando noticed was only the Armorer and Paz Viszla were present. The pain in his leg burned, and he couldn't stand it anymore, literally. His legs gave out, causing Elaine to worry.

The Armorer made no move from were she kneeled, watching the stars in the endless space below them. "Tend to him."

Paz Vizsla walked forward with a medkit. Mando managed to get himself into a sitting position on a crate. Elaine stood by him warily. Torn between helping, and hiding from Paz. Mando rested his hand on her shoulder. "It's okay, Elaine."

"I didn't know if I would ever see you again." Paz remarked as he tended Mando's wound.

Mando nodded. "Thank you for saving us on Nevarro." He shuddered in pain. "I'm sorry for your sacrifice."

Paz spayed bacta on the cut. "There are three of us now. We'll put you to work soon enough." Mando groaned from his wound, much to Elaine's dismay.

She furrowed her brow, but Mando turned to her. "I'll be okay."

"What weapon caused such a wound?" The Armorer asked.

Mando took the hilt of the Darksaber. "This."

"Paz Vizsla, bring it to me." She ordered. Paz took the hilt carefully, as if it would attack him at any moment. The Armorer took it as she stood, turning it over in her hands. "All this talk of the Empire, and they lasted less than 30 years. Mandalorians have existed 10,000." She ignited the blade, activating the umber that sucked all light. "What do you know of this blade?"

"I am told it is the Darksaber." Mando answered.

"Indeed. Do you understand it's significance?"

"Whoever wields it can lead all of Mandalore." Mando replied, remembering what Bo-Katan and Gideon had said.

"If it is won by Creed in battle." The Armorer specified. "It is said, one warrior will defeat 20, and the multitudes will fall before it. If, however, it is not won in combat and falls into the hands of the undeserving, it will bring a curse unto the nation." She deactivated the blade. "Mandalore will be laid to waste and it's people scattered to the four winds."

Mando stood, the pain in his leg subsiding. "The hilt is of a quality of beskar I have never seen before."

"It was forged over 1,000 years ago by the Mandalore Tarre Vizsla." The Armorer said as she approached. "He was both Mandalorian and Jedi."

Mando was reminded of Grogu. "I have met Jedi."

"Then you have completed your quest?" Her helmeted head looked at Elaine.

Mando nodded. "I have." Elaine had no people to return to, and the Jedi would not take her.

"Then you may join our covert as we rebuild." She said.

"This is the Way." Said Mando.

"This is the Way." Echoed Paz.

The Armorer gave back the Darksaber, Paz eyeing it in silence.