001 | escape

I put all my strength against the big metal door, my breathing heavy as I opened the door. Just as I started running I heard one of the guards scream "NUMBER 423 ESCAPED". I start running as fast as I can on my bare foot, the tasks wood cracking under me as I run. I had no idea were I was or where I was going, all I knew is that I had to get away from this place.

I could hear the alarms going off from some miles away. My legs were already tired and my head felt like exploding. But I couldn't stop till I got away from them.

I could hear footsteps running after me. Me being clingy stumbles over a big branch.

Fuck

The guard grabbed me by tightly by the waist. He starts whispering in my ear "there will be waiting a big punish- FUCK" I kicked him hard in his private part. He stumbles and falls hard hard on the ground. He groans and starts screaming at me.

"FUCKING ASSHOLE"

"GET BACK HERE"

"SOMEONE GET HER"

I run as fast as I can. The guards probably all took their own way when finding me. Bad for them, lucky for me.

I could still hear him screaming at me from afar.

Loser

-

After what felt like hours of running I saw a street, it was empty and had this creepy vibe.

I walked at the side of the street in the forest. Since I'll never know if they show up, and If they did it would be easier to hide.

-

I was dehydrated and hungry. I didn't know how late it was but the sun was rising so it must be at least 6 in the morning.

After walking for I don't know how long I saw a light in the distance, a car. This was my opportunity, I stood in the middle of the street waving towards the car.

The car slowed down and stopped right in front of me. From the front window I could see it was an old man, probably in his 60's. I give him a small smile and walk towards the car, he rolls down the window.

"Yes, How may I help you?" He asked with his raspy voice.

"Hello sir, can u please give me a ride?" I ask. He zones out for a second, probably thinking 'who the fuck is this random girl asking me to give her a ride'

"Of course, take a seat." He unlocks the door and I take a seat.

He holds out his hand towards me and I take it "Theodore, Theodor Elrod. But you can call me Theo." He says with a small smile. He looks at me like he's waiting for me to say something.

Wait do I say my name now?

"Roxy"

Ain't no way I'm telling him my last name.

"Nice to meet you Roxy" he says and shakes my hand.

I got my name from my friend, number 367. But I call her rose because she's just as pretty as one