Chapter 21

~Rylie~

I woke up the next morning, honestly with a smile on my face. Then I remembered what had happened the day before.

I grabbed my phone off the bedside table to see what time it was. 2:34 p.m.

"Wow, did I really sleep this late?" I mumbled.

I unlocked my phone, and clicked the FaceTime app. I clicked Jade's name, and it started ringing.

"Hey, Rylie..." Calum answered. "Jade will be back in a few minutes... Her and the other two girls went out to get some food, and she forgot her phone..."

"Hi, Cal.. That's okay, but can we talk?" I asked.

"Yeah.. How are you after what happened?"

I sighed. "I'm honestly not okay... I feel like shit, and I wish I was still with you guys... How's he doing?"

"He won't come out of his bunk long enough for us to talk to him... We have to take him his food, and he'll get up to go the bathroom... But then he'll go right back to his bunk..."

I frowned, and felt tears fill in my eyes.

Then, another face appeared on the screen.

"Luke? You're out of your bunk..." Calum said, and his eyes glanced over to the phone screen.

"Yeah, I don't need to be moping around... Until I see her face again... I miss her so much.. And I shouldn't have done that to her..." he said, and looked down at his feet.

Calum's hand went over the phone screen, and I sighed.

"So, who are you facetiming with?" Luke asked.

"Oh, nobody..." Calum said quickly.

"Calum, I heard you talking to someone... Who?" he asked, and grabbed the phone.

The next thing I heard was a choked sob, and Calum grabbed the phone again.

"I'll tell Jade to call you back... I'm going to make sure he's okay..." he said, and hung up.

I sighed, and got out of bed. I took a quick shower, and threw on some clean clothes.

"What to do, what to do?" I asked myself.

One place came to my head. Cool Springs mall.

I grabbed my wallet and car keys, and headed out the door.

***
"Rylie? Hey! How are you?" someone asked, and I turned my head toward her.

"Thalia? I'm doing fine, how are you?" I asked, giving her a hug.

"I'm good! So, I heard some interesting news about you..." she smirked.

"And that is?"

"You're dating Luke Hemmings! Like, omg, how?"

"Well, we kind of aren't dating anymore... We broke up yesterday..." I sighed, looking down at the floor.

Her facial expression changes quickly, and she put her hand on my shoulder. "Oh, I'm so sorry! I saw it all over twitter, and I knew I hadn't seen you in class for a while..."

I slightly smiled. "Yeah, I stayed with them for a couple shows, and then Luke and I got into a fight."

"Oh... I'm sorry..." she said. "Do you want to shop with me? We haven't talked in a while..."

I nodded. "Yeah, that sounds good... Oh, and I'm not going back to Vanderbilt... I got accepted into music school, so I start there on Monday."

She stopped, and her mouth dropped. "Music school? That's what you always wanted! Congratulations, Rylie!"

We started walking, and the only store we went to was Hot Topic. We spent almost two hours in there, finding random things we thought we needed.

"Well, that was fun, but I've gotta get back to campus... Got a big test on Monday... We need to hang out more often... See you later!" Thalia said, and walked the other direction.

I walked out to my car, and got in. I drove to the nearest Chik-Fil-A and grabbed a bite to eat.

Driving home, I went the back way, trying to clear my mind of things.  By the time I got back to the house, it was almost 9.

I went in the back door, and heard a noise from upstairs.

"Hello? Is someone here?" I asked, setting my bags down.

I heard footsteps coming down the stairs, and I braced myself.

"Hey, hoe... I'm home..." Jade said.

"What? Calum didn't say you were coming home!" I said.

"When did you talk to Calum?" she asked.

 "This afternoon. I tried to FaceTime you, and he answered... He said that you and the girls were out and that he would tell you to call me back... I guess I got so busy I forgot to see if you called.."

Jade nodded, and went to the fridge. "So, I kind of punched Luke a couple times... He was pissing me off talking about you and I reacted by punching. Like always."

Just then, my phone started ringing.

"Hello?" I answered.

 "Hey, Rylie... It's Niall... So, I heard that you and Luke broke up. And I'm in Florida, so... I think we should hang out..." he said.

"Well, I'm in Nashville, Tennessee right now... But it would be fun to hang out..." I smiled.

"I'll be on my way in the morning..." Niall told me.

"Okay, I have classes until 3, so I'll send you my address, and you can come here.. So we can decide what to do.."

"Okay, that sounds fun. I'll see you tomorrow..." Niall said. "Goodbye, Rylie."

And then I hung up.

"Who was that?" Jade asked.

"Niall Horan..." I smiled. "He's coming to Nashville tomorrow to see me..."

"What? Oh my gosh, Rylie! Are you two talking now? Oh, sabotage... Him and Luke are friends... You could ruin their friendship!"

I shrugged my shoulders. "Niall is nice... I like him okay, but we aren't talking right now... Right now, oh my god..."

Jade laughed, and shook her head. "Okay, I'm going to bed, goodnight, Ry."

I mumbled a quick goodnight, and headed to bed myself.

Got a big day ahead of me tomorrow...

A/N- OOOOHHHH, romance between Niall and Rylie. They need a ship name...

           So, Luke saw Rylie, and broke down again.. Rylie knows what Luke has been

           acting like after the break up....

Songs I listened to while writing this chappie:

Jailhouse Rock- Elvis

Post to Be- Omarion, Chris Brown, and Jhene Aiko

Mrs. All American- 5sos

Folsom Prison Blues- Johnny Cash

Hound Dog- Elvis

I Walk The Line- Joaquin Phoenix

Jackson- Joaquin Phoenix and Reese Witherspoon

Ring of Fire- Johnny Cash

Marvin Gaye- Charlie Puth and Meghan Trainor

Tuesday- I LOVE MAKONNEN and Drake

CoCo (Coucheron Remix)- O.T. Genasis

Stay awesome guys, I love you all! <3