Chapter 39

~Rylie~

After Jade and Calum left, the rest of us hung around the bus. John was trying to find a hotel we could stay in, since we had a week break before the next concert. "I hope they are okay... Jade thinks a lot of her step-dad... Maybe we should spend the week in Nashville? I don't want anything to happen between them, cause Jade will murder Calum. And don't think I'm joking, she scares the shit out of me sometimes..." I said, laying across the couch with my head on Luke's lap.

"I doubt John would let us do that..." Luke said.

"Of course I would! Family is family, and Jade and Calum are clearly family to you guys.." John said, and made a call for the plane tickets. It would have taken too long for us to drive from California to Nashville.

***
"Jade, how is everything?" I asked, running up to her at the hospital.

Jade turned around with a shocked look on her face, "Well, they are doing another MRI to make sure there isn't any brain damage.. But other than that, he only has a broken leg, and collar bone... Thanks for coming guys..."

"Your family is our family..." I smiled, and gave her a hug.

We all went in, and visited her step-dad, and made our way home.

"We have been given a week break..." I said. "And John wants us to start working on songs for the first album of Above Skylight.. I think we should do a self titled album first, cause our band name is fucking awesome."

"I've been working on some songs... But I'd rather relax for the rest of the day, and worry about it later.." Jade told me, laying on the couch. "When are the boys gonna get back with our food?"

"We shouldn't have let them go out by themselves.. We know the city better than anyone, I swear."

Jade laughed, and then her phone started ringing. "Hello?" she answered. "Yes, sir, I am in Nashville. What? I'm not even out of college yet! You want me to join your team... I'm sorry, but I have to decline that offer... I'm in a band, and we are on tour with 5 Seconds of Summer at the moment, but we are on break.. Thank you, though." she then hung up.

"What was that all about?" I asked.

"Well, I was just offered a spot on the Tennessee Diamonds, which is the pro team in Nashville..." she said.

"Why would you decline that offer? You love softball!" I exclaimed.

"But performing is my dream.. Softball is in my freetime. I know you are going to tell me that I just passed up an once in a lifetime chance, but touring with 5sos is a better opportunity!"

I  nodded. "I know it is, Jade...  I honestly think you made the right choice..."

The door flew open, and four boys walked in with food in their arms. "Finally, we kinda got lost on the way back here..." Calum sheepishly said. "Michael was driving, don't ask."

I giggled, and helped get the food into the kitchen. We separated the food into meals, and everyone grabbed their food and went into the living room. For the rest of the night, we had a Supernatural marathon..

***

"Rylie, get up! We need to work on songs!" Jade screamed.

I lifted my head off the pillow, and looked at Luke, whose mouth was slightly parted and soft snores escaping. I reached over and kissed his forehead, and slipped out of his embrace.

"Whatcha got, chick?" I asked, running into our music room. The room consisted of the basic instruments, guitar, bass, piano, and a drum kit. We also had a small recording studio that we purchased for us to goof off with.     I sat down next to her, and that started a LONG day of songwriting, and trying to get our album started.

Short ass chapter today, sorry guys.. We officially have 10 chapters left of this fanfic... BUT, we will be making a sequel that should be out soon after this one is finished...

I listened to a playlist that I made that's on Spotify that is dedicated to Glee cause I just finished the first season!

Love you guys! Stay awesome