Chapter 2- Bakugo

Bakugo-Monday

Those stupid extras. Soulmates would only drag you down and interrupt your dreams. And my dream was to become the best Hero in the world. I was determined to surpass All Might and I was going to do it without the distraction of a stupid soulmate.

*****

I sat at the lunch table between Kamanari and Kirishima in silence. They whispered and glanced around the table as they talked more about soulmates. Was their soulmate someone they knew? Someone they had; had a crush on before? A total stranger? Were they tall, short?

I zoned out not wanting to listen to their nonsense as I ate my mapu tofu.

"Deku, there's room for you over here!" Uraraka said waving him over

I watched as he slowly made his way over to our table. His green floppy hair hanging over his forehead, the way he clung to his tray, his smile that reached his eyes, the soft pink hue spread across his cute face.... the smile that wasn't aimed at me.

Not that he smiled in my presence. He never smiled when it was just us talking. He always shrunk down looking at his feet. He was scared of me. I knew it, he knew it. We all did. Cause all I did was yell at him.

I didn't want to yell at him. Not really. He distracted me. He made me question things, question myself and I hated being questioned. He made me feel things I didn't want to feel. Didn't know how to feel them. He always had, ever since we were kids he'd follow me around like a lost puppy. Always watching me, making sure I was okay, pitying me. I couldn't stand him. I wanted to ignore him. Yell at him to go away and never to return. But I couldn't. So I teased and yelled at him about his stutter or how wimpy and nerdy he was.

But he didn't care. He never wavered. He stayed, time and time again and I never understood why.

I took the last bite of my food as he sat down next to Uraraka. He started eating when the conversation picked up again.

"You think you know your soulmate?" she asked him in a hushed tone, probably trying not to piss me off with more soulmate talk

"I hope so." he replied, he looked down at his tray thinking for a moment

"No, I know so. I know I've met my soulmate. I can feel it." he said as he puts his right hand over his heart

I watched his hand move with the thump of his heart. His fingers splayed, his scarred knuckles different shades of pink, wrinkled and bumpy. I wanted to reach out and caress his scars. Ask him if they hurt. I wanted to hold that hand and keep it safe from any more damage. I itched to touch him, instead of reaching for him I wrangled my hands in my lap.

"Besides us finding out who our soulmates are I hope we all just have a fun New Years!" Hagakure squealed with excitement sitting across from him

"It'll be the best! I'm sure we all will have fun." Deku beamed, I watched him look from her to me with a gleam in his eye. When he noticed I saw him he immediately looked back down at his food

I looked back down at my hands and then back up at him a few times. I couldn't help but look at him when he was embarrassed. Pink crept across his freckled face, it inched down his chest under the collar of his shirt and up to his ears. His cute dainty ears that I wanted to kiss.

Wait.. what?

I couldn't believe what I had just thought. I closed my eyes and took a few shaky breaths. I opened my eyes and looked up seeing everyone looking at me. Worry and confusion across their faces.

"What the fuck you want?" I asked the table in anger, I didn't like that they noticed my unease

No one answered me. I pushed my chair back, the feet screeching against the floor before grabbing my empty tray and storming off with a huff.

They watched me unravel. True they didn't know why I was unraveling, but they noticed. Worse than being embarrassed about it was the sad look on Deku's face. His green eyes glossed over, sad about my anger. I hated when he was sad, the way his eyes bore into mine when he was going to cry.

I threw my trash away and laid my tray with the rest. I put my hands in my pockets as I walked away. Before I walked through the door I took another glance back at the table. They all were huddled together talking fast.

I walked to the gym for my next class. I walked into the locker room in the back and got changed into our blue and white uniforms. As I put my shorts and t-shirt in my locker all the other guys from class 1A walked in to also change. The bell rang as I closed my locker and twisted the key.

I sat down on the ledge in front of my locker and mindlessly scolded through hero forums. Deku's locker was right next to mine. I felt him standing in front of me...waiting.

"Ka-Kacchan can you scoot over please?" he asked, looking at his feet. I leisurely stretched my arms above my head before putting my phone in my pocket. I stood up, us toe to toe. I looked at him, he stood there shaking slightly.

I glanced around the room and saw that everyone had left. It was just us standing there, quiet breathing the only sound around us.

"Look at me." I commanded

His quickening heartbeat echoed in my ears. He stilled as he slowly raised his head to look at me. He met my gaze for a beat before looking to the left.

"At me." I commanded again

"Ye-yes Kacchan. Did you need something?" he asked hesitantly meeting my gaze again

Yes. To be near you. To touch you. To feel you. To kiss you...

"From you? No." I said leaning towards him

His eyes shuffled from side to side with fear. He leaned back a smidge as I continued to lean forward. I rested my head against his bare shoulder breathing him in. My heart beat faster against my sternum at the contact. He smelled liked Deku.

Musky, a little sweaty; probably from nerves and a little sweet. He was intoxicating. I took another deep breath of him, shifting so my nose was closer to his skin before standing and stepping to the side.

"Hurry up. Class is starting." Kaminari shouted as he walked past the locker room door

"Yeah Deku. Hurry the fuck up. I can't wait to kick your ass today." I seethed as I walked past him bumping his shoulder

He shuffled back before unlocking his locker to change.

I followed my classmates and walked into the open gym waiting for class to start. Our teacher standing ahead taking roll call.

I rubbed my head where I touched his shoulder. His hot touch lingered, filling my chest with a deep seated fluttering. I couldn't figure out what I was feeling. And like I said, I hated when he made me feel things.