Chapter 15- Izuku

Izuku- Friday 11:55PM 

We walked into the gym as a big projector counted down the last five minutes on the back wall above the food tables.

Our class stood and sat at the round table I had left earlier. Kacchan and I walked over to everyone.

"Made it back just in time!" Kaminiari beamed at us as we walked up

"I told you we would be back before midnight." Kacchan said as he crossed his arms faking irritation

We stood there everyone mumbling about how nervous they were. I glanced at the countdown clock again. A minute left. One minute and all our lives would change.

For the better? I don't know.

I just knew there was no going back once the clock reached zero.

I picked up my cup from earlier and drained the punch. I need more before I looked at my mark. My throat was going dry and without another drink I knew I wasn't going to be able to talk to my soulmate.

I looked over my shoulder at the table. Everyone still in hushed conversations. Some of the girls in our class were holding hands in a row. They looked so cute, like little girls wishing upon a star.

I walked around the other tables and filled my cup once more. I looked at at the countdown again.

20 seconds left.

As I made my way back to our table everyone in the room started counting down.

"17

16

15

14

13

12

11

10

9

8

7

6

5

4

3

2

1

0!!!" Everyone screamed and looked down at their wrists

I watched everyone around me look at their wrists with glee. I felt the warm tingly sensation engulf the underside of mine. I saw people jump up and launch themselves at their soulmates sealing the deal with a kiss.

Just as I went to look at mine a shark pain exploded in the middle of where my mark would be. It was so hot and shocking that I dropped my cup. It clattered to the floor next to me.

I rolled up my sleeve and looked down at my mark.

A orange and red star-like firery burst with little cherry red 'KB" in the middle stared back at me.

Oh fuck. Kacchan was my soulmate. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

He was going to reject me. In front of everyone he was going to reject me. The rest of my heart was going to break because of the same boy who broke the other half yesterday.

They say its possible to die from a broken heart. If I didn't die today after Kacchan rejects me then I'll die a slow, torturous death for years to come.