8.Guests in Lotus Pier

.
.
.

"It was always quiet and peacefully silent back in Gusu, especially during meals. It was their rule not to talk while eating.

But here in Yunmeng, it is quite the opposite-everyone chatting and discussing things while eating lunch.

In the lunch hall, everyone cheerfully talks and shares. The Jiang clan has two dining halls: one for family and another for guests. It was a big lotus-shaped hall where they all sat and was having lunch. Main family members and Wangji were sitting at one table, while disciples and other members of Lotus pier were at separate tables.

Wangji was quiet for two reasons. First, it was the rule, and second, the food was too spicy for his taste. He had only taken one bite of his meal, and it was a relief that he hadn't taken a lot of food on his plate.

Wuxian entered the hall with a gentle smile and sat beside Jiang Cheng. He greeted everyone with a bow before sitting down. Seeing that all the dishes were his favorite, he grabbed them one by one and put them on his plate.

"Thank you, Shiji, for the food," he said, knowing that his elder sister had decided and prepared all the dishes. He smiled at her, a sparkle in his eye that didn't escape Wangji's notice, as he observed him in his peripheral vision. Wangji couldn't deny that the smile made his heart beat faster than anything, although no one could notice because of his cold facial expression.

After lunch, everyone dispersed to resume their tasks. Wangji also headed towards his room, finding the spiciness of the food too much to handle. He aimed to reach his room, drink water, and meditate to relax. Hurrying through the corridors and about to turn right, he was suddenly startled by a person wearing a mask, though he didn't flinch much.

The masked person removed their mask and started laughing upon seeing Wangji's expression. Although Wangji was glad to see Wuxian laughing, the lingering spiciness prevented him from fully enjoying the moment.

Before Wangji could react, Wuxian exclaimed, "Ah, my friend, look at your face!" He then revealed two items he had been hiding and handed them to Wangji. The first was a drink made from lotus petals, and the other was a packet of lotus seeds.

Wangji looked at Wuxian questioningly. Wuxian explained, "Oh, my friend, I noticed you were struggling with the food's spiciness. Your red face gave it away. Drink this; it'll work like medicine." Pointing at the lotus seeds, he added, "And if you're still hungry, you can have these. You ate very little."

Wangji was quite impressed by how Wuxian had paid attention to him. He looked at the drink; it smelled good, and when he took a sip, it really worked. The taste was sweet. The amused expression in Wangji's eyes did not go unnoticed by Wuxian.

"See, I told you it's good, right?" Wuxian grinned from ear to ear.

"Yes, sweet," Wangji replied, looking at him, which made Wuxian blush a little.

Both of them were enjoying the moment. Wuxian couldn't deny that this Alpha from Gusu was really good-looking, and he felt a connection with him.
During lunch, Wuxian had noticed how Wangji struggled with the food. He had heard from his teacher that the Gusu Lan clan ate silently and preferred bland food, so it was understandable that Wangji didn't like this meal.

In that moment, Wuxian said, "Lan Zhan, you are my friend; Wuxian knows very well how to take care of his friends."

Upon hearing his birth name, Lan Zhan looked shocked. No one had ever called him by this name before. Hearing it from this beautiful omega made his ears turn red.

Wangji said "Thank you! Wuxian"
"Wei Ying! Call me Wei Ying.. You are my friend so it's okay to call me like this."

Before Wuxian could say anything, they heard commotion outside, so they went there. Upon seeing so many unknown people, Wuxian took out his black shimmery scarf and hid his face, standing in a corner.