Chapter 1 - Unfolding Destiny

"Welcome to Nirvana Academy."

Today wasn't a planned day and the applications came in too quickly over weeks due to the principal's notice to the public that there were a lot of openings recently. Like the others, parents were not advised to join or see their adult children off. They would receive a video in the mail or pick up a copy at the front gate-- after the video editing.

Seated in the seat farthest to the back, arms crossed at his chest, his windbreaker hoodie over his head to conceal his identity, Kisha sat comfortably. Though he often stuck out like a sore thumb, he thinks he did a good job of looking as uninvested as possible. Though his head slightly held low, he kept his gaze forward on Principal Jones cutting a faint glow of blue eyes through escaped strands of white unkempt hair.

Like a mirrored image, he watches Principal Jones with a hawk's intentness. If the Principal notices him, he'd surely be removed.

Principal Jones could only nod, gazing through the crowd with a light look. Kisha knew he was sizing up the newcomers as he always did. Hoping these new students were enough to keep the questions of recent attendee fluctuations at bay.

The pause in the heavyset man's voice made clear the act was over. Kisha watches him lift his large arm decorated in a fine dark blue suit; white undershirt just shy of his wrist followed by an expensive silver watch. His large, stubbed fingers only wave for the entire room control, and he receives just that. Voice lowered sinisterly, mimicking not that of their usual principal but a man who had grown weary and tired-- something bothered him.

"Do not move." He grumbles.

The guidance counselor who stood beside him wasn't the same as the year before. She was slim in body structure, skinny, and clutching desperately to her folder as if just as tense as the students. Not knowing what he planned next, her exterior tightened beneath his command.

Adamant and self-centered, an aura of dominance no one sought to disrespect leaked from Principal Jones as if under the shell resides a frail spirit. Everyone knew the rumors of P. Jones' capabilities.

"Turn off the cameras--now!" He orders and in queue each cameraman dismisses themselves. Taking his frame from behind the podium he approached the front of the stage, shoes light clunking was the only echo anyone had heard. Step by step as if he was marching. The newcomers were all wondering what could be happening. The atmosphere turned heavy, everyone silently watching the bull upon the stage.

"Mrs. Bell, turn on the announcement microphone."

He spoke once more, this time cutting his darkened eyes at the woman who surprisingly jumped from his gesture. His brows furrowed at her posture. Her face stuck in confusion, she clip-clopped her heels over to a speaker hidden behind a curtain before leaning over and attempting to figure out which button she should push.

A few minutes pass and a large grumble from Principal Jones clearing his throat was heard. She panics and assumes a button-- press.

A loud screech enters the room, and the microphone blares to maximum sound, but the only ones affected are the students. The principal remains solid, his back straight, and his mind seems focused. The hair neatly brushed to cover his balding area had been sweating out; pieces now falling towards his face.

His hand cups the microphone before the entire range of his voice rattles the school through every installed speaker.

"Dear fellow students... This is your principal speaking," He pause, finding the right words. "I've come to address a nuisance that has awakened in MY academy. For anyone who could bring me the man who goes by Azrael, compensation will be rewarded."