Chapter 8 - Azrael?

Kisha inhales softly, placing hand above his mouth to run it until it chases his hair to the back of his head. Satisfaction leaking from his veins, but a gnaw he refuses to dwell on still thumps itself in his mind's depths.

How could he have been so careless? His fault for consequences burns his pride, but he tries to focus on whatever is before him. Worthless thoughts of betrayal hammering into core as some devoted pledge. They made him sick, filling his heart with a resounding regret he hated.

The balance within him that often kept his wolf at bay is now riled up, seemingly his limbs unable to settle for a second left his fingertips cringing to grab hold of anything. With little effort, he sends his hand again through his hair, taking in the scent in his palm.

How is he to respond? A situation like that is too much of a surprise for anyone.

He takes a solid, deep breath. Best to avoid Niccoles for the time being. Another obstacle in his path. A nuisance that Ralp could handle for him if his devotion is as strong as he hypes it to be. Not only had he carelessly let Niccoles too close, but he blurted out his involvement with the boat raid to Ralp. It's only a matter of time before Ralp told Saikai and then the fire spread.

Kisha's mind quiets, a hint of frustration simmering in the pit of his stomach. His meticulously crafted plan has come to an end, and he's about to employ a tactic all too familiar to him. This familiarity brings a sense of satisfaction, knowing he can fulfill his desire, yet a nagging feeling warns him to remain vigilant.

"Mr. Locklear, are you paying attention?" 

Startled by the sound of a gentle voice, Kisha looks up to see his science teacher gazing at him, hands placed firmly on her hips.

Ms. Kerry, a lively young woman, replaced their former science teacher a few months back. Her vibrancy seems out of place in this environment, yet she has managed to fit in seamlessly. Her brightness is overwhelming to Kisha's eyes, and she often reminds him when he's scowling. Although his facial expression doesn't improve, she persists in her efforts.

This time she looks highly concerned, waiting for Kisha to respond. He doesn't verbally, only granting her his undivided attention. Her new curriculum approach is more hands-on and today she's teaching how a volcano works. While everyone seems to be on step three, Kisha's test tubes are still empty and everything is still untouched. He doesn't remember the first two steps or how he got here.

"That's why you're with me in detention now." She muses, rolling her eyes in his direction as her frustration forces the other students to glance his way. Momentarily, all eyes surround him as if he's the troublemaker, Kisha glancing at each student as if he's innocent of Ms. Kerry's onslaught.

It's annoying.

He's been struggling mentally all day. Though the sun was shining and the grass swayed inside of the wind, his favorite tree at lunch gave him a recharge and he successfully avoided contact for a few hours, but still he could not shake what could happen. The possibilities of failure are creeping into his mind. It's the fact that this isn't just an ordinary setting. This is Diamond's boat. A man who can't wait to get Kisha beneath his claws again.

Would Azrael dare to appear, aware that not only Diamond but also another Alpha will be present? Rumors are circulating that Kisha is now on the hunt for Azrael's true identity. The security for the Grim leaders must be bolstered significantly. Adversaries are converging on the school in search of the Grim Reaper. The elite of society are united in this cause. Nevertheless, Kisha wants Azrael to understand that he stands alone, allied with no one.

Ms. Kerry's attention remains fixed on Kisha's sluggish beginning. Her tapping foot signals that he hasn't escaped her notice. He reaches out, feigning confidence in his actions, while Ms. Kerry observes, unimpressed by his tenacity. His hand rises to select an ingredient, yet he hesitates, finding that none of the ingredients make any sense to him.