Quarter Life Crisis (Jung Mohwa & Choi Dheobin)

Note: this isn't related to MSB, and this is very much self-indulgent because I've always wanted to try something new. And I wanted something with Hwa a little ehehhe.

And just a reminder, they aren't the real fandoms; just references for the names. Thank you!

In which Jung Mohwa hates her life, and a good friend; Choi Dheobin comes back to Seoul. They chat, and somehow went into a whole ranting session about life and societal expectations.

-

The club was never a place Mohwa belonged in, even with the amount of times she frequented the place with Aeh and the others.

There was no particular joy in clubbing, it was plainly just loud; horrible remixes of popular songs. And the lights flickered fast with each color, it felt blinding—unappealing to the eyes.

Mohwa had fled the loud scene and the scent of sweat and various colognes a minute ago; the club had an upstair balcony used for smoking. No one was there it was empty somehow, and it surprised her — hopefully there were no wild couples being handsy near the corners.

"Knew I'd find you here," said a voice near the door, Hwa made no reactions of glare. She knew that voice, so she averted her gaze to where it came from.

"Never thought of you as a stalker, Bin-ah," Dheobin lets out a laugh, standing beside his friend.

"I came looking for you, figured you'd be here since it's quiet. I know how you always value your quiet time."

Mohwa stares at him, the male was right in a way—she did value silence. Something that has been common knowledge amongst all their friends when it came to Jung Mohwa.

But it was only half the truth; because as much as Mohwa loved silence—she loved noise all the same.

"What're you doing outside?" she questioned him, "Feeling suffocated?"

Dheobin shook his head, "No, well maybe a bit. It is a new club after all, the amount of people squeezing each other isn't exactly helping my nose."

The brunette tilts her head with a laugh. "Wasn't this your idea?"

Dheobin rolled his eyes, "Shut up," he murmurs, shoving her playfully.

Her laughter soon subsided, and Mohwa looks at him. "Why were you looking for me?"

The latter answered with a shrug, "I just noticed you were gone—and I really miss our talks when the others drink their asses off."

Mohwa chuckled at that; it's not like her and Dheobin never drink—they do actually, but the both of them had high alcohol tolerance. Which was why back then, they were the ones helping their knocked-out friends back into their dorms. And being the designated driver whenever they had those outdoor drinking sessions.

"Ha, I've always known I was the mature one out of us all," Hwa joked, earning a laugh from Dheobin.

There was a moment of silence around them after that, enjoying the cold breeze of the night; and the stars from above.

"My parents are pressuring me about marriage" Mohwa began, eyes focused on the city lights of Seoul. "Fucking relatives started voicing out their worries too, though I doubt I can call them worries when they straight up say that I'll be all alone without a partner or kids who can take care of me—like bitch why the fuck would I bring a child into the world just for them to be my retirement plan?" She grumbles, crossing her arms as she frowns at the city.

She never understood other peoples obsession of pushing others into making a family, especially when a woman was still single in her late twenties.

"Like why are people, more specifically my parents and relatives are so insistent that I marry at 25? They've been so suffocating ever since I turned 29 a few months ago, I hate it. It's like. . ." Mohwa swallows a few sparks of her anger, trying to compose herself. "It's like they're rushing me for something that can be done much later in life. Like — can't I just have fun before I turn 30 next year? They've been all so distressed over that and I get angry and frustrated at them too."