𝖤𝗅𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗇

The hive falls swiftly, and cracks with a bang. When it hits the ground everyone wakes up and screams. The sting of the tracker jackers are almost indescribable. The sting is like any other, but it spreads through your body, making it almost go limp. Then your vision gets hazy, that's when the hallucinations start.

Everyone wakes up screaming. I swat at the jackers that are nicking at my face. But something draws them away from me as I get further away. I reach the river that we were at and jump in immediately. When I get out of the surface from the other side I'm on all fours, gasping for air. I see Cato and Marvel emerge from the forest too, swatting at their stings. Cato jumps in and Marvel faints down.

I look up from the ground and see the railing of the roof. Me and Cato are on it, I see our kiss. Then I look to my left and see my mom, passed out of the couch. I turn to the right and I see myself looking at myself in the mirror. I blink hardly as an arm wraps around my waist. It lifts me up leans me against their body.

"Are you alright?" Cato asks.

"Yeah, I just need some time. Give me a second." I lean on Cato and let him hold me. We carry each other through our hallucinations. And once it's over we're leaned against a tree. Marvel comes up to us.

"Glimmers gone, Peeta tried to run. I hit him in the leg though, I'm not sure if he'll be alive for much longer after that injury."

"Wait the tracker jackers got to her?" Cato asks.

"Yeah, it's nasty." He looks back, "I guess they really did sting her in her ass." He says under his breath.

"Huh?" Cato asks.

My neck goes limp as my head falls. Cato's hand goes on my cheek and rests my head on his shoulder. "Did Katniss get her bow?" He asks.

"Off of Glimmer's body? Oh yeah, it's really pissing me off!"

"What are your hallucinations of?"

"...Glimmer." He says.

I stare at him, "You've got to be kidding me."

"What?"

I roll my eyes.

"How about we go back to the cornucopia?" Cato asks. Marvel nods.

"You good to walk?" He asks me.

"I think so." He helps me up. Once I'm on my legs I'm fine but once I take my first step I stumble on the ground.

"Nope, okay, come on." He says. He lifts me up effortlessly and hold my bridal style. I rest my arm around his neck, and my head on his shoulder as he starts walking to the cornucopia. Marvel follows behind us, kicking rocks and sticks around.

I go in and out of consciousness and once I finally get back to my senses I'm laid down in the horn of the cornucopia.

Who is this kid?

~

CATO:
I lay Clove down on the sleeping bag Marvel put down. I tuck her in and then turn to him.

"How are your stings?"

"Not too bad. I think the jackers forgot about us when they saw Glimmer was already on the floor."

"Still I'm gonna gather up some leaves, I think they'll help out the ones we have."

I go into the forest and gather up the leaves I read about. When I gather up enough for all three of us I start to walk back to the cornucopia. When I get more into view I spot Marvel, spear to a kids neck.

Who's this guy?

"Hey Cato, found this guy trying to steal our resources."

I lift an eyebrow.