EIGHT

After hours of tiptoeing around, trying to avoid the hands of my Father for showing up a half a second late, I hadn't spoken to him since this morning—which was a normal thing to do in this household

After hours of tiptoeing around, trying to avoid the hands of my Father for showing up a half a second late, I hadn't spoken to him since this morning—which was a normal thing to do in this household. Sometimes it could even be days.

A dream come true for me really.

Though since I was still on a two day no food intake as punishment, I had miraculously managed to sneak into the kitchen to scramble up a light snack for the night without his knowledge.

Now if only I could succeed in going back to 'The Dancing Kat' tonight while remaining undetected as well.

Yet as I laid in bed all alone staring at my intricate detailed Victorian ceiling, I began counting down the minutes until I saw Julian again. Midnight couldn't have come any sooner. The anticipation was slowly killing me to the point where I was about to burst.

But suddenly, I heard a faint BANG on my window pane.

Without a second to lose, I jumped from covers fully clothed in the most comfortable dress I could find in my overly posh closet, rushing over to grab the elongated tied rope I had constructed the moment I got to California for this very purpose.

Opening it up, my head poked down and I quickly saw Julian standing there like a noble knight in shining armor—but I wouldn't dare to tell him that either. He already had such a big yet attractive head.

"Hey Cinderella, think you can extend your night out past twelve?" He beamed.

I giggled, shaking my head. I wish I was Cinderella. At least she never had to worry about handprint marks on her neck and bruises she had to keep hidden.

"I might. As long as Prince Charming doesn't knock on my door asking for my shoe size, I think we'll be good."

Just thinking about how angry my Father would get at us both if he were to find out a peep about this...oh, I wouldn't be able to live with myself if Julian had to experience what he had done to him before. Or even worse.

Chuckling, he peered around to make sure no one was still on guard, gesturing for me to hurry down.

Doing so, I flung out the other end of the rope as he caught it and strapped it around his palms tightly. Taking a firm hold onto the cotton fabric with my own, I managed to shimmy down until I was about to feel my feet touch the freshly cut green grass.

But before I could even feel the cold hard ground on my heel, I felt Julian's strong hands assist around my waist so I didn't fall—spinning me toward him until I found our eyes met and I grinned happily. "Hey! I could've handled that by myself."

"I know. But maybe I just wanted a reason to touch you..." He egged on, whispering in a sultry tone.

Instantly, the air in my lungs felt like they were being sucked out and my heart started to race so fast and loud, I was surprised that he couldn't hear it. If he insisted, there were much more places on my body that wouldn't mind a little touching too.