FIFTEEN

Sitting helplessly on the hot and soft sand of my beach, I carefully stared out into the sparkling crystal blue water while admiring the sun shining down on.

I wanted to jump into the deep ocean and forget all my problems. Forget who I was. Forget who I was related to. Just forget everything.

How much more of this did I have to endure until I found my peace once and for all? What more would it take for me to finally break free? Running away sounded delightful ...but where would I even go on my own?

Unfortunately, all these questions I wondered about every day of my life were just that. Questions I didn't know how to answer or attempt to solve.

But just as I was about to take a dive, I felt someone come from behind before sitting down on the sand right next to me, bumping our shoulders together. Grinning already knowing who it could be, I leaned my head against his shoulders and sighed.

"How did you know I was here right now?" I soon had to ask.

"The handmaidens. They called and told me as your best friend that I better come quick in case you decided to do something too crazy." Julian slightly chuckled, sighing himself after.

I let out a small giggle, nodding. "I thought you had told them before you were just my therapist."

"That too..." He shrugged innocently. Of course he did.

Now letting out a full smile, I looked up to him as he did the same—our eyes connecting just like I loved them to do. "Well it doesn't matter. They both still sound like my hero."

Blushing sweetly, he then put his arm around me, squeezing tightly to hold me closer as I felt an amazing warm and fuzzy feeling now in my chest, clinging onto him. "Kinda wish you did do something crazy though. At least that'll prove to yourself who they're messing with." Yeah right.

But then again...maybe he was right.

"Julian?" I suddenly asked, pulling away from him to turn my full body over to his gaze. "Wanna go on a little field trip with me?" I then smirked smugly.

Staring to me a bit mystified, he hesitated to answer. "You mean right now? W-w-where? What about your fam-"

"Oh please. Because of this incident, my family is now disgusted with me for the rest of the night—and don't plan on saying a word more until morning at some stupid Equestrian meet. Besides, I'm supposed to be at a deb practicing appointment with my instructor who always stays zozzled anyway."

Smiling back, he sat up furthermore intrigued. "Don't tell me, that's in the—"

"City? Yep! I can convince Ronald to take us elsewhere though. I think we have a mutual understanding now that I actually happily treasure." I assured him.

"And where exactly is this elsewhere?"

I grinned again, jumping up and wiping the sand off my bottom and clothes. "Oh, just a visit to some old new friends. Come on! You'll see!"

Unsure what I had meant, Julian still accepted getting up as well, racing back inside with me to my room so I could get a couple of other things I would need for this visit, that would lift my mood completely back up again and help me forget.

I did need to do something more nuts for myself to become the best dancer and flapper I could be, without anyone's approval or thoughts but my own.

And where we were about to go...crazy didn't even cover it with the amount of publicity they had gotten by the press a while back.

I just hope the Collins family remembered who we were.

🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀

After persuading Ronald with a few of his supposed favorite snacks by a nearby food vendor within minutes, we had finally made it.

Ringing the doorbell to an oakwood detailed door to a Victorian house overlooking a simple yet beautiful front lawn located near the outskirts of Beverly Hills, I had Julian right by my side squeezing onto my hand while I held onto my bags from the shops in the other.

Oh, I truly hoped someone was home.

I knew it was very last minute—not to mention it had been nearly nine months since we had last spoken, but I had never felt closer toward two people other than Julian in my life. So I was also hoping they would just feel the same.

But all these hopeful wishes were quickly soon answered, once the door swung open and we were greeted by a familiar dame I didn't want to ever forget.

"Oh, my god! Your hair!" The beloved actress, Victoria Singh screamed while smiling gracefully.

"Oh, my gosh..." My eyes enlarged, staring down to the surprise I wasn't expecting. Me and Julian then both gasped. "Your belly."

She smirked as we continued to be in such a state of awe. There in front of us, was an enormous stomach on the woman that I knew for a fact wasn't there before.

She was pregnant...and glowing.

"I know! I'm due in a couple of weeks! Can you believe it?!" She now jumped up a bit.

I actually could.

See, when I had first met the former flapper to famous Victoria Singh—she and her gentleman friend and assistant, Danny Collins were at some wealthy charity event we all had to attend together in pure tortuous boredom. To me however, it was the most obvious thing in the world that they were clearly taken with each other.

But even though her peers except for me looked down on her as nothing but a short tempered actress with no morals or goals in her life than to be a tyrant to everyone, I could see in her demeanor that she still had a gentle, kind, and motherly side to her that no one else wanted to see after being so concerned for my safety.

"That's amazing! Congratulations!" Julian giddily replied.

"Aww thank you, Julian! It's so great to see you and Brooke again!" She then professed.

"You too! But we definitely don't want to be incredibly rude by any means. Is this a bad time for a quick visit? We don't want to impose, if it's not." I shyly uttered.

"Are ya kidding?! We love company! I've got our godparents here right now discussing delivery day arrangements anyway, so it's going to be absolutely swell! Come on in! I think you're gonna want to meet them too..." Victoria flung the door wide open, raising her eyebrow up toward us suspiciously.

Grabbing me and Julian's hands, she then pulled us in as I couldn't help but to wonder.

Who else more could I possibly want to meet?

🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀

That's a good question Brooke! We see the return of Victoria and Danny!! Whoo! But hey, she did say their godparents are there too.

Who might that be? ;)