On the way back after grabbing a bite at the delicious Brazilian joint he had spoken so highly of, I could tell there was an ill silence between me and Julian that I couldn't quite understand why

More like he was as quiet as a jaguar—barely even uttering out a breath.

Yet every time I kept looking over toward him until we had approached the bottom of my bedroom window, he was still giving me nothing. Something was wrong with him and I had bet all my Father's money, it had to do with that woman at the club.

Who was she? And why was she so peeved about him conversing with me?

Judging by the way I kept subtly looking over while it appeared that she was about to get into a screaming match with him over something, I knew better than to ask.

Much like his hidden passion for dancing, I was beginning to realize how Julian always became so protective over certain things he shared with me—fearing probably it would change my impression of him.

But there was no doubt in mind I knew he wasn't living a perfect life either. That was fine for me though. Even the biggest heroes could still struggle too, sometimes.

But since he wouldn't dare tell me what was really going on, I was deciding to make my own assumptions and guesses.

Now this mystery woman didn't seem like a girlfriend of his. That much I knew when he certainly didn't appear too thrilled to see her at all. Although she was surely a Rock of Ages. Possibly even older than the both of us combined. Julian didn't go for those kinds of romantic relationships.

Yet, I really never had the guts to ask what kind of relationship he'd have with a woman.

It was a fear of mine thinking it wouldn't be anything like the boring, innocent, and inexperience deb I was—compared to all the things he's done and seen.

Then again, she wasn't even considered a friend either according to his own words.

However, hearing a third sigh escape from his leering mouth, I decided to break the silence to make him somewhat cheerful too. "Julian have I ever told you how much I think you're the sweetest guy I've ever met, even when there's no reason to be in some cases?"

Chuckling, he began to blush as I shyly shrugged before he glanced directly at me. "Literally everyday..." See, knew that would help me see his addicting smile again. It was honestly quite infectious. "But have I ever told you how much you're the sweetest woman and best friend a fella could ask for?" He was quick to realize what I was doing.

I giggled, nodding back. "Often...but you can bump it up a bit more." I joked. And just like I hoped, we both shared a genuine laugh as he sighed in relief. "Thanks for bringing me tonight. I know you probably had better things to occupy your time with."

"Are you kidding, babycakes? Having you there with me was the best thing the entire night." He happily professed.

"You're sure it wasn't just your amazing choreography that I can't get off my mind now?" I reminded him.