Love is a maze

Several minutes later I was regretting my decision. Right now we were sitting underneath the green folds of a palm tree, looking out at the Pirate ship that day in the harbor. "Okay..." I asked softly, "what is so important on Captain Hook's ship that you had to get my family and I to help you grab it?" I turned my head slowly to look at my energetic brother.

Peter's smile widened, "well..." he began, "according to the mermaids Captain Hook has decent amount of treats he stole from the last time he left Neverland, including food!"

I turned my head sharply to look at him, "as in candy?" I asked in disbelief. Truth be told, the one thing Peter and I had in common was that we both had a huge sweet tooth.

He smiled, "as in candy."

I looked out at the the Pirate ship again, considering my options. On the one hand, I could go back home and be bored until evening, (every evening we went to party with the Indians until about 11 o'clock) or steal a quick snack from Hook to munch on later.

I sighed, and looked at Peter with a calm smile, "lets do this thing." I declared.

One minute later, we were all in our assigned potions. Peter flew out from underneath the palm trees as a diversion. "Hey Hook," Peter shouted, "hey ya codfish!" Peter hollered as he flew alongside the Pirate ship. At that moment, Captain Hook, who was sitting at his outdoor desk, looked up slowly, his eyes burning with hate.

"Pan." he snarled softly, before standing, "load the cannons!" He then placed his hat on his head and ran down the steps, sword drawn ready to fight.

"Now!" Peter shouted, the lost boys then landed swiftly on the ship, and began fighting the other pirates.

As they did, I swam through the water (I was an expert swimmer), and crawled up the back of the ship and reached the railing. I pulled myself over the railing, and slipped a black half face mask over my face, if I was going to do this it would be secretive.

I looked around, scanning the back deck silently, when I spotted a large light brown sack. I smiled, "bingo" I whispered softly, I crossed the deck silently, and took ahold of the sack before opening it up slowly.

I gasped, inside the bag was sweets and treats galore, cakes wrapped in plastic, chocolates in neat bags, and candy in neat tissue bangs. I paused, staring at the sweets, I was so tempted to eat them. I reached out slowly, and took ahold of one of the bags, and raised it to eye level.

There was a red string with a label on it wrapped around the top of the bag. I gently turned over the label to read the the flavor of the chocolates. They were milk chocolate caramels. "My favorite." I whispered ever so softly, I gently took ahold of the string, and slowly untied it.

At that moment, a steady sound of fast moving footsteps snapped me from my thoughts. "Who are you?" A male voice practically shouted, I whirled around to see Captain Hook standing at the top of the stairs, several feet away.

I was frightened, I couldn't speak, fortunately I didn't have to.

"Sis!" I jerked my head up to see Peter fly overhead, "retreat, for crying out loud, RETREAT!!!" There wasn't the usual playful look on his face, he looked panicked, very panicked at that. I didn't think, I took flight, dropping the sack as I did so. As I began flying away from the ship, a cannon exploded and a cannonball went flying through the air. It narrowly missed me, but the force it left behind was so powerful, that I was sent spiraling through the air.

When I stopped spinning though the air, I could have flown away. But sad thoughts weighed me down, and I immediately plummeted like a stone. I tumbled down, fell into and off each of the ringing on the ship, and landed hard on the deck.

"Keri!" I heard Peter shout as I hit the deck, "Keri, get up, quick! Quick Keri get up!" I moaned, and slowly started to sit up. I rubbed my head and whined slightly at the pain. I barely had any time to recover, when a hand ruffly took ahold of me by the back of the neck, and pulled me up sharply to stand.

A sword placed itself lightly onto the middle of my neck, and a hand yanked my head back sharply to look up at Peter, who was flying several feet away. "I'll make you a deal Peter Pan," a voice snarled gruffly in my ear, a male voice at that. "you promise to never interfere
with any of my plans again, and I'll let you precious lost boy go."

Wait on second, did he just say BOY?!

Peter started to smile, then he began giggling, the he started to laugh out loud, and the other lost boys joined in. The Pirates were confused beyond belief, as they watched the boys chuckle and snicker like a bunch of hyenas.

Peter was the first one to stop and silence everyone, before turning to look at Captain Hook. "I hate to tell ya this Hook," he said, still smiling "but that's no boy you have there in your arms."

Captain Hook looked confused, I took this opportunity to say something. "Excuse me," I choked out, "but could you please let me go? Your choking me." Hook dropped me like I was a hot potato, and I flopped onto the deck trying to regain by breath.

"Thank you." I said after I had regained my breath. I stood up slowly to look at the Captain. "Who are you?" He whispered softly looking closely at my face. I smiled an ever so small smile, my eyes sparkling as I did. "Just a person." I said softly as I tried to stand.

A shearing pain zipped through my left leg as I did so.

I yelped, and stumbled. "Keri, are you all right?" Peter asked nervously.

"I think my leg is broken." I said in a faint yet clear voice.

The lost children and Peter gasped. "Broken?" Peter exclaimed, "but none of us know how to work with broken bones, you could be stuck with a broken leg forever unless..." he raised his head slowly to look at his arch-enemy. He shook his head, "no," he whispered, "I won't let that happen."
I looked up at him calmly. "You think I should stay with the Pirates, don't you?"

There was a pause of silence.

"You really know me, don't you?" Peter whispered, his head bent down. I shrugged, "I suppose." I responded.

This time, the pause was a long one.

"You expect me to take care of your sister?" Captain Hook asked angrily.
"There's no else in all of Neverland that has access to that kind of wound healing." Peter responded glumly, "besides, Keri is a great girl, she won't cause any trouble, will ya Keri?"

I looked up at Peter once, before I reached up slowly and removed my mask. "No," I whispered, "I won't."

I turned around to face Captain Hook, as soon as my milk chocolate brown eyes made contact with his dark brown eyes, his jaw dropped. "You're..." he whispered, "beautiful."

At that moment, a ray of sunshine shone down from the clouds, and rested upon me. As soon as it did, my hair shined like gleaming black ink on my shoulders, my face shone like the sun, and my eyes sparkled like stars. And I was so beautiful, that Captain Hook fell head over heels in love with me.

I looked up at Peter with a smile. "I'll see you in about three weeks, by then my bone will be good as new." Peter smiled, "have fun." he said before he and the rest of the children flew off.

I turned to look at Hook calmly before I walked over to him, and placed one hand softly on his cheek. "Thank you..." I whispered softly, "for taking me in." He took one good look at me, in my moment of kindness, and fainted dead away.

I smiled, knowing perfectly well this would be something worth remembering.

* I hoped you all liked this, next chapter will be about how Keri got through staying with Captain Hook and his crew. It's gonna be good. *