A new Darling

It took awhile, but eventually we were able to defeat the Pirates, take Hook's ship, shower it with pixie dust and begin flying away.

As we flew, Peter came over to me with a calm smile on his face. "Hey Keri?" he said. I turned around to look at him. "Yes Peter?" I said with a calm smile. He smiled right back, " you did good, I honestly never expected you to be the type to go up against Hook, and come out successful, as far as fighters go, you'll always be my favorite on my book."

I smiled at him, before turning my head to look at Wendy, John, and Michael, who were watching the sights fly by, and pointing them out cheerfully. I frowned slightly, realizing they weren't Neverland children meaning they wouldn't be coming back with us.

"When you asked the Darling's if they were staying in Neverland, what did they say?" I asked, without looking at Peter. It was tradition to ask that question whenever a new kid entered Neverland.

"They said no, they love Neverland, but they know they could never forget about their real home and mother." I sighed and lowered my head in sadness, I felt Peter come up behind me and place his hand on my shoulder. "Believe me Keri, I wanted them to stay too, but they're not lost kids, they have parents."

"Yeah, I know. I just wish we could see them again." I said with another sigh, and I let myself cry softly.

At some point, Wendy came over to me with John and Michael behind her.

"Keri, we were just talking and we came up with a decision." I turned my head to look at her, quickly wiping a tear away.

"We..." John began, "WANT YOU TO MOVE IN WITH US!!!" Michael yelled. My jaw dropped, before I could say anything, Wendy spoke up. "I know what you're going to say, but first listen." I sighed, but let her continue.

"We know you have lived a adventurous life, but we're going to miss you more than we'll miss anyone else, so please, can you come live with us and be our big sister?"

I smiled at them, realizing that I really did love them. "Yes," I said, "yes, I will."

A few minutes later...

I stood at the nursery window, the pirate ship hovering a few feet from my reach. Peter stood at the one side of the ship, looking at my sadly, while the lost boys stood on either side of him, staring at the Darling children and myself nervously.

"Are you sure you want to do this Keri? I mean, you can always..." I shook my head, "no Peter, I should stay here, besides, these kids are going to need some one to look after them." I squeezed Wendy's hand lightly, and she smiled. I turned back to Peter, smiling sadly.

"You know, I'm really going to miss you." I said softly to him. Peter smiled, and wiped away a tear. "Me too sis..." He whispered, he hovered forwards 'til he was at arm's length. He hugged me, letting the tears fall freely now, "no matter what happens, (sniff), you'll always be my sister." I smiled before running my fingers through his hair. "And you'll always be my brother." I said sadly.

In the end, Peter and the lost boys flew off into the night, whispering lullabies that only Neverland children knew into the night. Wendy, John, Michael, and I watched them leave, waving silently, and making sure we didn't create too much noise.

"(Sigh), I really gonna miss those guys." I whispered softly. "But, I think I'm going to like it here." I turned towards Wendy, "so, I officially have a last name now huh?" She nodded. "Yep, Darling, just like the rest of us. But your middle name can be Pan, so that way you'll always remember your home."

"Keri Pan Darling," I whispered as I picked up Michael, with a happy smile, "I like the sound of that."

THE END