The unavoidable truth

The next morning, after a good nights sleep, the lost girls and I headed off to the pirate ship with a plan in our heads and anger bubbling up inside of us.

That rotten Captain Hook, I thought to myself as my family and I marched through the jungle, he may have been nice to me, but he certainly isn't worth my attention now.

"Hey Keri?" Susie suddenly asked.

I snapped myself out of my thoughts and turned to look at her. "Yes Susie?" I said. "Are you going to live with the Darling children?" She asked timidly.

I was stunned to hear her ask this. "No!" I exclaimed, "where on Earth would you get an idea like that?" "Well," she said shyly, " it's just that I sometimes think you would be better off in the real world instead of here, you fit in here in Neverland, yes, but sometimes I think it would be best for you to move away from here, start a new life."

I looked at her, still stunned, I had never thought about moving from Neverland before, it was my home, the only home I had ever known, I didn't want to lose it ever.

And yet, at the same time Susie was right, if there was anyone who would be able to live happily in the real world, it'd be me. But I was a girl of Neverland blood, even if I did leave Neverland, I won't age the way most kids would.

"Ship ahoy!" Ivy suddenly declared.

My head snapped upwards, and sure enough the Pirate ship sat in harbor, as if waiting for us to ambush.

"Let's get on with it." I snarled, before I pulled out my cutlass with a calm wicked smile.