Shall I Compare Thee to a Rose

Here we are! The next chapter!

CW///Panic attack (not super in-detail), sexual joke, hallucinations

**********

The day after Sunny declared his plan to his sister, he marched up to Basil's house and knocked. Polly answered, and Sunny stumbled back. A potential hurdle. Hm. This might take intelligence and strength. Good thing Sunny worked on both those stats yesterday by playing The Oregon Trail on his computer yesterday. If only egg made it...luckily, Bottle Cap did.

Sunny stood tall, several meters showing up. There's the charm meter, reputation points, and several options that fill his vision.

"Oh, hello, Sunny!" Polly smiled brightly. "Here to see Basil?"

Sunny chose the nod option, to which Polly stepped out of his way. "Well, have fun!"

Sunny nodded again and went up to Basil's room. He knocked on the door, and a soft voice called from inside. "Come on in."

Upon seeing Basil, Sunny noticed a LOVE METER. To his surprise, it was already three-fourths of the way full!

"Sunny!" Basil smiled warmly. "Did you come over to hang out or something?"

Because the meter was so full, Sunny could already ask Basil on a DATE. He nodded, trying to think of the best place for that.

The park? No, there were too many people there on a summer day. The museum? Of course not, that was two towns over. Basil's garden...? Well, it's a cheap idea, and Basil seems to be more comfortable among his plants than anything else.

Sunny pointed to Basil's open window and to the garden below. Basil blinked, then grinned excitedly.

"You want to see my new plants?" Basil asked.

Sunny nodded, and he watched the LOVE METER go up.

Basil grabbed Sunny's hand and dragged him downstairs and into the back yard. Sunny was temporarily distracted, looking around and feeling overwhelmed by the smells and colors that attacked his senses.

"So, I have the standard veggies and flowers that represent everyone," Basil explained, "but I also have decided to grow some morning glories and freesias! Aren't they pretty?" Basil squatted and ran his fingertips across the velvety petals.

Sunny nodded, a small smile on his face and his heart growing light. Then, he got an idea.

Sunny wasn't a very verbal person, except with Mari, and that was simply because they couldn't have your typical sibling banter otherwise. However, Sunny had also studied the art of flirting to raise his ATTRACTIVENESS level to the max. Also, showering every morning and looking presentable also helped.

"Yeah, that's a pretty flower, all right," Sunny murmured, staring right at Basil so he couldn't possibly

"Yeah!" Basil grinned. "And there's that one, the daises! I know it's silly to worry about common flowers sometimes, but I like daisies a lot."

Sunny wanted to facepalm. This absolute nerd was the one Sunny wanted to date first? Really?

Well, yes. Basil was a nerd, sure, but he was Sunny's adorable nerd.

Sunny reached out and took Basil's hand, to which Basil held easily, talking away about his hopes and plans for the plants he wanted to grow. Although Sunny would be happy to just listen any other day, he had a mission now.

"Basil."

Basil stopped and blinked, looking at Sunny, who had never cut him off on purpose before. He shrunk back, his face turning red.