chapter 13

Lan Zhan: "Wei, there's something I need to tell you. We're going to get married in two days."

Wei's heart skipped a beat at Lan Zhan's words, his mind reeling with disbelief. Marriage – a concept that had never even crossed his mind amidst the turmoil of their captivity – now loomed before him like an insurmountable obstacle.

Wei: *stunned* "Marriage? But... but why?"

Lan Zhan: *firmly* "Because you belong to me, Wei. And marriage is the next step in our... arrangement."

Wei's mind raced with a whirlwind of emotions – disbelief, anger, and a profound sense of betrayal. The person he had once thought of as his best friend, now standing before him as his captor, dictating the terms of his future with a cold authority that sent shivers down his spine.

Wei: *voice trembling* "I can't... I won't..."

But even as the words left his lips, Wei knew that resistance was futile – that his fate had been sealed the moment he had been ensnared within the confines of Lan Zhan's golden cage. And as the reality of his impending marriage sank in, Wei's heart filled with a sense of despair, his dreams of freedom fading into the darkness that now surrounded him.

Wei: "No, Lan Zhan. I won't marry you. This is madness!"

Lan Zhan: "It's not up for negotiation, Wei. You belong to me, and this marriage is happening."

Wei: "But why? Why do you insist on this?"

Lan Zhan: "Because I love you, Wei. And I won't let you go."

Wei: "Love? This isn't love, Lan Zhan! This is control, this is captivity!"

Lan Zhan: "You're wrong, Wei. You just can't see it yet. But you will, in time."

Wei: "I won't wait for that time, Lan Zhan. I won't be a prisoner in my own life."

Lan Zhan: "You have no choice, Wei. You're mine, and you always will be."

Wei: "I have a choice, Lan Zhan. I choose freedom."

But even as Wei spoke the words, he knew that his choice was a futile one – that the walls of Lan Zhan's golden cage were closing in around him, leaving him with no escape from the prison of his own making. And as the reality of his captivity settled over him like a suffocating shroud, Wei's heart filled with a sense of despair, his dreams of freedom fading into the darkness that now surrounded him.

Wei: "Your love? It's nothing but a sick obsession, Lan Zhan! You're delusional if you think this is love!"

Lan Zhan's eyes darkened with fury at Wei's words, his patience wearing thin.

Lan Zhan: *slapping Wei across the face* "How dare you insult my feelings, Wei! You know nothing of what I feel for you."

Wei recoiled from the force of the blow, his cheek stinging with pain.

Wei: *through gritted teeth* "You can't force me into this, Lan Zhan. I won't be your puppet."

Lan Zhan's voice was cold, his resolve unyielding.

Lan Zhan: "You don't have a choice, Wei. You belong to me, and you will do as I say."

Wei's anger boiled over, his defiance unwavering even in the face of Lan Zhan's dominance.

Wei: "I'll never marry you, Lan Zhan. Never!"

But even as the words left his lips, Wei knew that his defiance was futile – that Lan Zhan's grip on him was unbreakable, his fate sealed within the confines of their gilded prison. And as the weight of his captivity pressed down upon him like a suffocating weight, Wei's heart filled with a sense of despair, his dreams of freedom slipping further and further away.