chapter 29

Wei sat in the room, his body trembling with the aftershocks of the recent events, his mind swirling with a maelstrom of guilt and despair.

Wei thought: *His thoughts echoed in his mind like a relentless chant, each word a dagger plunging into his already wounded soul.* "Wei, whatever happened is because of you. If you wouldn't be there, Lan Zhan wouldn't have been obsessed with you. He wouldn't have been consumed by darkness."

The weight of his self-blame bore down on him like a suffocating blanket, crushing his spirit beneath its relentless burden.

Wei thought: *His breath caught in his throat, his chest tightening with the agony of his realization.* "Your parents died because of saving you. You are the sole reason for everything."

The words reverberated through his mind like a damning verdict, condemning him to a lifetime of guilt and remorse.

Wei thought: *His vision blurred with tears as he succumbed to the overwhelming despair that threatened to engulf him.* "End it, Wei. Just end it."

Each syllable was a plea for release, a desperate cry for an end to the pain and suffering that had become his constant companions.

Wei sat alone in the bathroom, his reflection staring back at him with hollow eyes, a mirrог image of his shattered soul.

Wei: voice trembling with self-loathing "Everything happened because of me. I am the reason..."

His words trailed off into a choked sob, the weight of his guilt pressing down on him like a leaden shroud.

Wei: his gaze fixed on the blade in his hand "I am the reason..."

With trembling hands, he brought the blade to his wrist, the cold metal biting into his skin with a cruel, mocking finality.

Wei: as the crimson liquid began to flow "I am the reason..."

A bitter smile twisted his lips as he watched the blood seep from his veins, painting his skin with the mark of his own self-destruction.

Wei: as darkness closed in around him "No one will suffer because of me..."

His words hung in the air like a chilling epitaph, a tragic testament to the depths of his despair, as he surrendered to the cold embrace of oblivion.

Lan Zhan had hoped that preparing a warm meal would help lift Wei's spirits after the horrifying ordeal with Jiang Cheng. With a heavy heart, he called out for Wei, but there was no response. Concern gnawed at him as he made his way to Wei's room, only to find it empty. Calling out again, Lan Zhan's voice echoed through the silent house, but still, there was no answer. His anxiety mounting, Lan Zhan's footsteps quickened as he approached the closed door of the bathroom.

Knocking gently, Lan Zhan's heart pounded in his chest as he awaited a response from Wei. When none came, a sense of dread washed over him as he pushed open the door and stepped inside. What he saw shattered him to his core Wei, lying motionless in a pool of blood, a chilling sight that sent a wave of horror coursing through Lan Zhan's veins.

Wei!" Lan Zhan's cry tore through the air, filled with a mixture of horror and disbelief. He rushed to Wei's side, his hands shaking as he knelt beside him in the pool of blood. "Wei, please, wake up," he pleaded, his voice thick with anguish, but Wei remained motionless, his eyes closed, his breath silent.

Tears streamed down Lan Zhan's face as he cradled Wei's lifeless body in his arms. "No, no, this can't be happening," he murmured, his words a desperate denial of the devastating reality before him. In that moment, Lan Zhan felt as though his world had collapsed, leaving him adrift in a sea of grief and despair.