Chapter 4

It has probably been an hour since they sailed off from the island, at least according to Jean's estimations. It's very dark in the sea, and as much as they fear because this is their first time doing this themselves, they still prefer this than to be left alone in the island with a possible killer. The boat was surrounded with silence. Jean and Margot are in the middle, rowing, and Stacy is at the back, hugging herself.

"It's pouring." Jean notices, stretching her hand out.

"The bags are all in the house." Margot.

"I didn't bring anything." Stacy.

Jean gives her a side-glance, judging if her friend is alright. "Your uncle is crazy. He almost killed you."

Stacy, "I know."

Margot tries to lighten? up the mood, "I mean, it's completely normal – no, it's not. I mean, my aunties are also going to kill me if they see me now. Straying away from the whole 'serving the church' tradition and such."

Jean gave her a shake of her head, mouthing 'not helping'.

'Sorry', Margot apologetically looks back.

"He really didn't use to be like this, tho." The two got shocked at Stacy's sudden raise of voice. "He was a really kind person. He was always there to give me shelter whenever I run away from home because of my parents' fights. He's like my second family, you know."

Jean sighed, "I know. But, you have to know, the killing intent I sensed earlier was re-"

Jean wasn't able to finish her sentence because of the boat's shaking.

"What's happening?" Margot and Stacy held on to the boat, confused and alarmed. Jean also tried to make herself stable.

"A storm's coming." Jean said as she looked upon the sea, the rain getting heavier and heavier.

"JEAN!" Margot and Stacy both screamed histerically.

Jean only felt her side of the boat sinking. Then, water rapidly got in, and her face came into contact with cold, cold water. She fell. With her remaining vision underwater, she saw the boat completely turn over.

She worried for both Stacy and Margot, but she could no longer keep her eyes open.

Jean had a dream. In that dream, her group of friends went on an island for a trip, and met with a vicious serial killer. Both of her friends got stuck in the island and murdered by the killer. At the end, only she survived. It was not a dream, it was a nightmare.

Jean woke up in cold sweat. Her breathing was irregular, as she can still vividly recall her nightmare.

"Oh my god, you're awake!" She, surprised, looked at her side and saw a haggard-looking Stacy Avalson. She then got attacked into a tight hug by her friend, making her see up-close the mess Stacy's hair was in.

Jean was still not fully awake. "What.. happened?"

Stacy looked like she was about to cry. "The boat turned over! I really thought we were gonna die back there, I was so scared."

The boat?

Yes, they were in a boat.

Only now did Jean remember the sequence of events that took place prior to now. Her eyes widened, and she took hold of Stacy, asking in a serious, panicked tone, "Where's Margot? Are – are you okay?" Jean almost thought her nightmare turned true.

Jean didn't know why – or she didn't want to know – but Stacy's eyes suddenly looked at a lost. Suppressing the nerves in her heart, Jean shook Stacy by the shoulders, "Where is she?! You must know where!"