ROSIE'S RIBBON

While the Hotel figured out their mess with Adam, Alastor had other matters to attend to.

These matters rested in Cannibal town.

Rosie and Alastor were on the balcony of Rosie's Emporium drinking coffee.

The friends didn't get to catch up ever since they were busy with the extermination. But now since it was over and Rosie finished all her dress commissions, they were both free to talk now.

Rosie and Alastor have been talking for an hour or 2. Mainly gossip about overlords, soul contracts, and residents in cannibal town and the hotel.

"Alastor, how is her highness's hotel going?" Rosie says as she puts down her cup of coffee.

"Oh yes, that. My little project. Well, it's just been rebuilt, and Charlie already plans on getting things drumming up again" Alastor said with his coffee mug still in his grasp.

"Oo well I'm glad things are starting up again after the big battle." Rosie said in her usual charming voice.

Alastor rolls his eyes, "Well I'm frankly not. Apparently, I must figure out how to bring more residents yet again, but I don't know how to go about it."

Rosie ponders for a bit, but then perks up, "Oo! What about a clothing line?"

Alastor seems set back at first but decides to keep listening, "Oh? Do tell my good friend" Alastor says curiously. Rosie hasn't let him down before so this idea might work out.

"Well, I figured since the Emporium isn't taking anymore commissions for a while that this idea will work with my schedule! If we do a clothing line, people who wear it can spread the name out. Many other people in town I've worked with for advertising has gotten many more customers when I make customs for them." Rosie exclaims.

Alastor seemed more convinced but had a few questions still. "Hmm so what will these items be about?"

"Well, that'll be the princess's decision, if she is on board of course!" Rosie clarrifies.

"If that's the case, I'll tell Charlie about your idea, I'm sure she'll agree" Alastor said, later taking another sip of his black coffee.

Rosie and Alastor talk for another 30 minutes before Alastor heads off.

Alastor thinks about the idea Rosie proposed on his way back to the hotel.

Alastor narrates out loud in his usual radio voice, "Maybe this new ribbon can strengthen these wayward souls' connection and bring forth new adventures."

Alastor stands in front of the Hotel door and sighs.

"But only the future can tell."

421 words