Chapter 1: Scorpio, Pisces and Gemini

Scorpio and Pisces sat at their desk going through the multiple files. It has been years since they first joined the NYPD and have been friends ever since.

  While Scorpio was reading their newest case, Pisces seems to have gotten distracted. She seemed to be eyeing the black haired guy. Everyone in the office knew about her one sided crush. Everyone except the man concerned who was far too dense to notice her advances. Still, she didn't give up on her unrequited love and stared at him from a distance.

  Scorpio felt a glare on him. He had felt this way ever since he first started his job. He had to admit, he found the feeling quite uncomfortable, but over the years, he had gotten used to it.

  He then saw Pisces walk up to him and waved.

"Hey, Scorp. You wanna go to the bar tonight? We could go out for a drink."

"Um...sure. I guess I'm free."

  She let out a small giggle. "Nice, so I'll see you tonight. At 8? My friend Gemini's working tonight at the pub."

  She waved him goodbye and left as her shift was over.

  Scorpio still had quite the workload since he was working overtime.

  He sighed. It was clear that he's going to be exhausted.

...

  Pisces sat at the pub. It was currently a quarter after eight. Scorpio was late.

"Your office crush is late?" Gemini teased her while serving her a beer.

  She nodded. "He's working overtime today."

  Gemini turned around to serve another client before going back to her friend. "Well tell him to speed things up. I received something today and I think it's worth checking."

  The detective raised her eyebrow.

"I'll explain later. I need to get back to work."

  She let out a sigh. This was supposed to be a hang out with her friends but everyone seemed to be working.

  Time passed. She saw Gemini talking to a guy. She was probably trying to get some tips out of him since he looked quite loaded. Typical of her.

  She looked at the time on her phone. She had been here for nearly two hours but still no sign of Scorpio.

  Just as she was about to pay and leave, a familiar face walked through the entrance.

"Hey Pie, sorry I'm late." He greeted her in a panting voice. He turned around and waved af the bartender. "Gem."

  She did the same and waved back. "Hey, can I get you anything?"

  He sat down. "Just a beer please."

"It's a good thing you arrived." Gemini told him, handing him his drink. "I need to show you and Pie something after I finish my shift just give me fifteen minutes and I'll be out."

  As their friend finished her shift, the two detectives indulged in a lively conversation of a case they came across this evening.

"Ready to go?" It was Gemini. She had changed out of her uniform and held her bag close to her chest. "We should go back to my apartment. It's safer there."

  Pisces started getting scared. The tone in her friend's voice was quite worrisome. She still followed her. In case anything happened, she and Scorpio had guns to defend themselves.

  They walked to the girl's home. She unlocked the door and they made their way into the kitchen.

  She threw a bunch of documents on the table and leaned on the kitchen counter. "Some guy gave these to me at work today. I don't why, but some of the files are about us while the rest were about complete strangers."

  As he heard that, Scorpio scurried through the papers and found one with his face on it. The document had everything on him. From his date of birth to his adress to every single details of his private information.

  When Pisces saw him do so, she did the same. She found the file with her picture on it and read it thoroughly. The facts on it were detailed and accurate which made her wonder, which could know such things about them.

  Gemini crossed her arms. "Shocking isn't it. I already filtered through the others. There are five of us who live around New York including the three of us."

"What should we do?" Scorpio asked.

"I think it's a sign. A sign to find these people. We'll split up. There's this girl Saggitarius, she's a medical student at Columbia. Me and Pie can probably go on campus and search for her with her badge."

"And what am I supposed to do?"

"You're," she pointed at a beautiful woman's picture, "Going to find her. Virgo. She's supposedly from Brooklyn in one of those sketchy neighborhoods."

  Scorpio picked up the file. Something seemed wrong. "Why is her information so vague? Compared to others, which are quite detailed, hers are mostly uknowned. We don't even know what's her job. Shouldn't I go with someone."

  Pisces decided to jump into the conversation. "I agree! I mean, you said so yourself, she's from those sketchy neighborhoods and like Scorp said, we don't know what she does. She could be a drug dealer for God sake."

"Don't worry. He'll be fine. Plus, I need your badge."

  Pisces wasn't thrilled. She wanted to go with her fellow partner. She felt a hole in her heart. Jealousy. The woman Scorpio was going to track down was gorgeous. She felt like she could lose him in less than a second to her. But if he went to Columbia with her, she would also lose him to the medical student.

  This was a dilemma she felt like she would lose in every possible scenarios.

...

"So, did you give them the files?"

"I did. They will probably find themselves for us. We'll just swoop in and take them when they'll be done."

  The atmosphere in the room was dark and menacing.

  Draco, the first man, had ordered his subordinate to give out files to the bartender, Gemini.

  He needed them to gather themselves since he was too lazy to do so himself.

  This was the solution to his unresolved ambitions.

  All he needed to do was move his pawns in the silence until it was time to say: Checkmate.