Chapter 6: Aries

All six of them were currently sitting in Aries' basement/room.

  The red haired gave the strangers a good stare down while keeping quiet. It was definitely strange for a bunch unknown people to search for him.

"Well, let's talk shall we." The only guy in the group said breaking the silence. "I'm Scorpio. And this is Pisces, Gemini, Virgo and Saggitarius." He pointed at the girls as he introduced them. "We're currently regrouping people we think are important for our "quest"."

"Look, man." Aries said in a hostile voice. It was definitely a suspicious situation and Scorpio seemed aware of that fact. "I don't know you. You don't know me. Let's leave it at that. Plus, isn't this whole thing weird. Pretty sure everyone here can agree."

"I admit it." Scorpio agreed trying to stay on the guy's good side. "But the information in here are all supposed to be confidential and the fact someone possessed them means that they can leak them whenever they want."

"So? I don't have anything to hide. Though, you look like you have something."

  Scorpio sighed. He wasn't getting anywhere. So he decided to switch his technique. "Saggitarius, would you mind passing me Aries' file."
Saggitarius obediently handed him the file.

  He opened it and started reading it. "Aries Ram. You have many counts of armed robbery and underage drinking when you were a minor, although they were sealed when you turned eighteen. It also says that you're a drop out. Oh, it says over here that your unemployed and currently trying to find a job." He continued turning the pages and suddenly threw the document on the table. "Imagine if someone were to release these, you can kiss goodbye your dream of getting a job and moving out. Who would want to hire someone with this kind of record?"

  Aries let out a heavy sigh. Mister know-it-all seemed to know too much about him. "Are you blackmailing me?"

"Well I am great at it. Just ask Virgo."
Aries turned to Virgo. "You too got blackmailed in joining his posse?"

"Nope, more like I got coerce into going out with him." She answered with a smirk as she wrapped her arms around Scorpio from behind.

"It worked didn't it?" Scorpio said in a flirty tone.

"Ew! Would you please stop flirting! And tone down the PDA!" Gemini suddenly exclaimed at the couple's behavior.

  Scorpio sticked out his tongue in response to her comment.

"Would you please be mature!" Saggitarius scolded. She couldn't believe she was the youngest between them yet the only one who was acting like a proper adult.

  She then turned to Aries and gave him a weak smile. "So? Will you be joining us?"

"...sure."

"Great! Then let's go a coffee shop. I feel like your mom doesn't really wants us here. I saw the look she gave us when she saw us." She suggested.

  Aries grimaced at the mention of his mother.

...

  They were currently sitting at a local café.

"What'd you guys do for a living?" Aries asked.

  It was Saggitarius who answered.
"I'm a medical student at Columbia while Pisces and Scorpio are detectives for the NYPD. And Gemini here is a bartender I think. And Virgo..."

  She turned to look at Virgo who made sign for her to keep quiet.

"Well, no one knows what Virgo does."

  Virgo was relief. She mouthed Saggitarius a simple: Thank you.

"Well I'm a professional failure who didn't even graduate high school." He said in a playful tone, but it was clear he was deeply hurt.

  Virgo saw herself in him. She too wished she had done something with her life. Her heart couldn't help but ache for him.

"It's alright." She comforted him. "I didn't graduate high school either."

"I agree." Saggitarius added. "Not everyone is made for school. I bet your good at other things like, I don't know, maybe your communication skills are good."

"Maybe..."

"I have everyone's order!" Pisces announced. She had been tasked with ordering everyone's drink and had just returned. "So a black coffee for Saggitarius, a questionable cup of tea with vodka for Gemini, an americano for Scorpio, a vanilla milkshake for Aries and an iced cappuccino for Virgo. Did I get all your orders right?"

  Everyone nodded in response.

  As they sipped on their drinks and got to learn each other, Scorpio realized Pisces didn't buy anything for herself. Although things were still awkward between them, he felt like it was the bare minimum he could do after breaking her heart.

"Pisces, you're not going to drink anything?"

"Nah. I'm fine."

  Scorpio didn't push. He felt if he did, it would get worst.

  But despite trying to avoid trouble, it didn't seem like his girlfriend shared the same thought.

"Are you sure, Pisces? You don't look fine. You're a bit pale too."

"Shut you slut! No one asked for your opinion!" And with that she stormed out.

  Aries was confused. It was normal since he was missing a big piece of the story. "What...happened?"

"Long story short: Pisces likes Scorpio, Scorpio likes me and I'm a hooker. I'm just going to go hide in shame in the bathroom quickly so bye." Virgo rapidly articulated and ran to the bathroom.

"Your girlfriend's a hooker?" Aries asked while giving him a "really" look.

  Scorpio nodded in response.

"Nice."

Next chapter, we're going to meet Taurus yall : )
P.S Thanks for the 1k reads!!!