Chapter 10

Gather everyone in these document. You will be paid a sum of five million if you do so. Tell anyone about this and you will regret it.

  This was a note Gemini had receive along with the documents at the beginning of this escapade.

  A suspicious man had given it to her and she had managed to hide it from the rest.

  It was quite easy to execute the man's order. All she had to do was get Scorpio on her side and the rest would unfold by itself. He had always been a convincing man which is one of the reasons he was skilled in the interrogation room.

  She hated manipulating them. The guilt was killing, but she needed the money.

"It's just gathering people." Was what she thought at first. "What's the worst that could happen?"

  Well, a lot.

  Their group consisted of two detectives, a bartender, a medical student, a prostitute, an enemployed man and a convict who conned his way to escaping early.

  What she couldn't understand was why them.

  If she observed well, they had nearly nothing in common. This was a question that preoccupied her thoughts half of the time.

  Without anyone knowing, she had quit her job. This adventure of hers is going to take her all over the country and it was impossible that her boss would allow such a thing.

She sighed. They were leaving to Chicago in a couple of hours. They had planned to leave at four in the evening.

  She had already pack her bags.

  She had to admit, she wasn't very excited to meet Cancer. According to the files she had read and received, he was a perseverant and ambitious man.

  It was the ambitious part that worried her. He was a journalist known for his deduction ability. He could easily discover her secret.

  If word got out that she was a mole helping that man, they will forever resent her.

  They might not know as much as she did, but she wouldn't be surprised if Scorpio's convincing words backfired on her.

  This was the reason she wanted to keep her distance from Cancer.

  But of course, as someone who had been there from the beginning, it would look suspicious if she was to bail out.

  She took a deep long sigh. When did her life take such a turn? She could barely survive living with this enormous secret of hers. She regretted making a deal with a man she didn't know.

...

"Chicago!" Aries sang loudly in the middle of the car.

  They had rented a van to carry them all.

  Gemini was tasked with driving.   Capricorn had called shotgun and followed her to the passenger seat. He was desperate to get away from the crazy bastard named Aries.

  The rest were a bit everywhere.

  As Gemini started driving, Saggitarius started growing scared. She did not trust those two with navigation.

  She had long debated if she should help them but decided otherwise since she already had her hands full with those behind.

"Gemini! Put some music!" Aries shouted from the back seat.

"Absolutely not!" Capricorn answered instead. "Some of us want to sleep."

  The fiasco continued for a while until Gemini grew tired of their endless bickering.

"Shut up!" She snapped before looking at the road. In a concerned tone, she turned to the others and asked. "Guys...Are we supposed to pass Virginia?"

  This caught Saggitarius' attention. She had been sleeping with her ear buds to block all outside noise, but Gemini's panic woke her up.

"Did you just say we're lost???" She screeched.

"No... I said we're in Virginia."

"We're not supposed to!!!" Saggitarius shouted in a cacophonous scream.

"That's why I asked!" Gemini retorted.

"I'm taking the wheel!" She announced before switching to the driver seat.

"Goodness, we are already behind schedule." She sighed as she got behind the wheel.

  She then turned to Pisces and Scorpio. "Do you guys have a siren I can use to get rid of the others?"

"We're detectives, not uniformed officers on patrol." Pisces told her in a displeased tone. She did not like being lumped together with them.

"What's the difference?" Aries asked.
"Uniformed officers keep the public safe by checking car speed or patrolling the streets while us detectives, we conduct investigation on larger and more serious offense like murder." She explained.

  Pisces then tapped on Saggitarius' shoulder. "Do you think we can stop? I need to pee."

"Sure. I think there's one at the next exit." She told the detective as she readjusted her GPS.

"Do you think we can eat too?" Virgo asked. "Most of us are getting hungry."

"Fine. We'll do bathroom breaks and we'll eat as well."

  It didn't take long to find a place to stop. There was one at each two kilometers.

  They got off and went their separate way.

  Virgo, Capricorn and Aries were first to finish and waited for the others next to the car.

  The line was quite quick for them which couldn't be said for the rest.

  Unfortunately for them, a bunch of teenage boys just had to pass next to them.

"Hey you!" They shouted pointing at Aries. "You should cut your bangs."

"Do you have a problem with me?!"
The red haired man yelled back and then took his burger's wrapper, made it into a ball before throwing it at their head.

  Frustrated, the group of boys got closer and pushed him.

  This was it. Aries had enough. He wasn't going to let them insult him any longer.

  In one swing, he sent one of the teenagers flying.

  His friend was about to retort, but Capricorn was much faster and slammed him on a strangers car.

  The fight continued. Well until they heard a car coming at them.

"Aries! Capricorn! Move!" Virgo shouted before hitting the gas pedal and hitting the group of boys.

  She then got out of the car and looked at the victims. She took one good look and turned to the others. "Nah. They're not dead. Just dramatic."

  Aries and Capricorn stared at each other terrified at Virgo's calm behavior after hitting someone with a car.

"Virgo! What the fuck!" Scorpio shouted from across the parking lot.

"It's nothing." She shrugged. "See. They're getting up right now."

"This is not nothing!" One of the teenage boy exclaimed. "I am calling the cops and you're going to get arrested.

"Bitch. I am the cop." Scorpio glared at him. "Now let's get back on road shall we. Everyone! In the car!"

So Gemini got lost, Aries got into a fight, Virgo hit someone with a car, very normal am I right? 😃