9: Baby shopping

"Put your hood up, it's really busy here," Lloyd said as he turned to help the girl.

The family took the secluded alleyway route to the mall as Lloyd hadn't made an official reappearance after the Overlord.

"You know, this reminds me of the last time we were here. Just you and me, fighting on opposite sides," she gave Lloyd a side glance.

"Stop it."

"Stop what?" she gave him a flirtatious smirk.

"You know what, stop trying to get me to buy you food."

"Oh, is it in your head? Are you thinking about it?" she looked the boy up and down.

"No, now walk," putting a hand on her shoulder to keep her moving.

"May I remind you, for the entirety of Lumi's delivery, you were... not there?" she folded her arms.

"You really can get away with anything," he rolled his eyes at the girl, entranced in her smarts and beauty.

"I wasn't the quiet one for nothing."

"So... you're okay with it?"

"Okay with what?"

"Okay with bringing up the past. I noticed it was a sensitive topic for you."

"It... still is, but I guess it's alright with you as throughout the entire time, you were always there for me," she sighed. "Except from the time you let a building fall on me."

"Even though everything you said hurt me, I couldn't brush away the feelings I have for you."

"It still hurts to think about."

"Yeah, I don't blame you. I was thinking, maybe I could get you a therapist?"

"A... therapist? The emperor and empress never believed in therapy; they said the best way is to deal with problems yourself. Plus, don't lie. Who'd want to help me... after everything?"

"Therapy isn't always the only way to deal with problems, but bottling up like you do, does no good. If you're really against the idea, at least talk to my mother," Lloyd insisted, snaking an arm around Harumi's waist. "Welcome to NG BabyCo."

A fully dressed Lumi giggled at her father's words, as she wriggled in his arms, her bow bouncing side to side.

"Number 1, a much needed baby carrier or pram," Lloyd said as he directed his reluctant girlfriend inside.

A shop worker stood by the door greeting them inside, "Hello Green Ninja, who do you have with you today?"

Harumi gave Lloyd a scared look as she quickly let go of his hand. "A friend and I are babysitting for another friend of mine, and uh-" Lloyd started to ramble on.

"And you just came to spoil her a bit?" The worker finished his sentence, "She's awfully cute, she is!"

Harumi gave the worker a nervous laugh before giving Lloyd a please can we go glance.

"If you need anything, don't be afraid to ask myself or my colleagues for help!" the worker said before greeting the next customer.

The couple took a look at all the pram options available, and Lloyd noticed Harumi was looking at the same one for a while.

"Do you like this one?"