14: Family reunion

In a matter of seconds, the commissioner was transferred over to Lloyd, who knew the commissioner would be mad, and figured it would be best to leave Lumina at the monastery with the ninja.

Harumi's POV
I was quickly let out of my cell, put on those trauma inducing handcuffs and escorted to a room. I wasn't told why or where, but at this point anything was better than being inside of that cell, all I hoped that it wasn't trouble.

I didn't dare speak, although the temptations from not knowing what was going on were battling through my mind constantly. The walk to who knows where was endlessly long, however, before I knew it, the warden told me, "Right through here, Harumi."
Was he not going to go in there with me, and just trust that I don't run off? I nodded at him, before giving a slight smile. He opened the door in front, since I wasn't able to myself and walked back.

The room was small and empty, and smelt of old documents and files, whilst I continued to look around at the intricate wooden bookshelves. Who knew Kryptarium had such things? I attempted to pick up a dusty jade green book that laid on the shelf with my handcuffed hands, until I heard a rattle on the door handle, followed by the squeak of a door hinges, and a clearing throat from the Commissioner. I jumped, as a felt my heart and the book drop from my hands.

"I-uh, sorry." I didn't take my eyes off the floor.

"Please, take a seat, Harumi."

Sitting down on the chair he directed me to, I kept a solemn look on my face, but my mind had rushing thoughts on the whole thing.

"So, as you may not know, there have been mostly peaceful protests regarding your sentence here, and I need to speak to Lloyd on the details."

"Do I get a say in this?" I asked, my voice croaky. It didn't seem fair that someone else would choose my fate than my own self, although I knew I could trust Lloyd wholeheartedly.

Just as the commissioner was about to open his mouth, there was another burst through the door and I turned around behind me to see who it was. Thankfully, it was Lloyd and I stood up quickly out of my chair to go towards him. Suddenly, I felt my ears lose hearing, my eyesight becoming black and fuzzy, and my head dropping from my grasp. It all happened to fast, and as soon as I knew it, I blacked out.

"Rumi, Harumi?" I felt my face twitch as a thumb stroked my forehead. My eyelids fluttered open to see the familiar face of Lloyd - my Lloyd. I definitely felt a sense of security with his presence: his smile, his hugs, the way he speaks to me.

I cleared my throat, "Lloyd." I sat up looking around to see myself back in the ward of Kryptarium. "What happened? How long was I out for?"

He retracted his hand from my face, "You're alright, you've been unconscious for a bit more than half an hour."

I exhaled a sigh of relief, "Phew, so we can go home now?"

"Oh yes, I forgot to tell you. The commissioner wasn't very happy with Lu's reveal to the public and everything else but he eventually let it slide." He took my hand and helped my sit up on the side of the bed. "Can you walk, or do you still feel out of it?"

"I feel fine, Lloyd. I just really want to see my baby." My face subconsciously wore a smile. I missed Lu so much, yet I didn't know how she would react to me being gone for so long. Would she have thought I abandoned her?

⛩⛩⛩⛩⛩⛩⛩⛩⛩⛩

Lloyd's POV
As Rumi and I got out of my car, she looked so eager to see Lu, I don't blame her - I left Lu for a couple hours and I already missed her. We walked up the monastery steps together, this time quieter than usual - Rumi would usually have something to talk about to me on the climb up, but he kind must've been clouded with other thoughts. Once we reached the top, Rumi went to touch the door handle, but hesitated, and look at me with a second guessing glance.

"What if she hates me now?" she pursed her lips at me.

"Lumi? No, she could never. She loves her mommy way too much to hate her one bit." I wrapped an arm around her waist in reassurance. "Go in," I told her.

She nodded, as I saw her gulp down the lump in her throat. Pushing open the door apprehensively, then all the way, we walked in to see a sight of the ninja and Lumi sat on the sofa.

Once Lumi heard the creak of monastery door, her head darted towards it, spotting her mommy instantly. Nya also noticed, and helped pick up Lumi and place her on the corridor to the couple, where she could crawl down herself.

Her smile and giggle was contagious and Rumi and I couldn't help but look at each other and do the same. "Mama, mamamama!"

She bent down with open arms as Lumi crawled towards her and scooped her into a warm embrace. "Yes, Lu. Mama's here," I heard Rumi parentese.

I gave the two girls a kiss on the head, before joining into the hug and slowly one by one, everyone else joined in.