𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟔

Recap: Leah has moved into Nathan's apartment but other than that not much happened, I suggest you skim through the chapter and refresh your memory! And, this chapter is quite long compared to my usual chapters.

Nathan Cole

I'm not a man of physical violence.

Well, I'm not a man who acts upon physical violence (not frequently, anyway).

I'll dream, wish, and fantasise about what I'd like to do to the people I envy most but I never actually do it.

Because if I do act upon my fantasies, I'd be serving years in jail.

I'm restraining myself now, keeping my self-control in command with ropes of titanium. If I didn't keep my self-control intact, Eva Maddox would be six feet below the the fucking ground.

I know for a fucking fact that she killed Myles and his mom. I might've not been that close to Myles but he was still a friend. He was innocent and as far as I know, he wouldn't have committed something that made Eva want to kill him.

I run a stressed hand through my hair and park up in the arranged spot Eva and I are meeting every month. Twenty-fifth. Two thousand dollars.

It's not much. I know it sounds like I'm taking money for granted but I think she's forgotten that I'm a fucking millionaire.

If I were her, I'd be asking for hundreds of thousands.

I shut myself up before I could jinx anything and got out of the car, slipping my gun into the waistband of my trousers. I look around for anyone, my sharp eyes scanning the scene of the deserted office building and a forest of lush trees.

Hooking the duffle bag around my hand, I make my way into the building. My heavy footfalls sound upon deaf ears in the empty building. A flight of stairs later, I made it to the designated spot.

I drop the bag onto the floor with a light thud, I lean back against the wall and pull my phone out of my pocket.

MAX

Nathan, be here by at least 3 PM, I've got some good news.

ME

Will do.

I don't know what possible good news there could be.

Maybe Leah got kidnapped by her so-called 'stalker'.

Or Jill, as Max says.

I think everybody's overreacting and she has no stalker at all. Maybe she's faking it for attention. It's not like she needs any though. People turn fucking heads when she walks past so she's got all the damn attention she needs.

It's not even just her physical appearance, it's her energy too.

She could be unattractive and people would still turn heads.