𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟑 ✭

Leah Parker

Leah Parker

I bury my head in my hands, pressing down on my temples with the heels of my hands to relieve the relentless ache.

I just kissed Nathan.

I've been 'hiding' in this bathroom for approximately ten minutes. I rise from the floor, my legs sore with work but still heated from Nathan's touch.

Looking in the mirror and seeing the state of myself makes me physically recoil with sickness.

My neck is marked up, and sore, and the plaster for my burn is still there. I slowly peel off the plaster, sighing at the newfound scar that has now permanently embedded itself into my skin because of Nathan.

Every crevice of my neck is marked, he didn't leave a single bit untouched.

I run my fingers over my skin as if my touch has magical healing powers.

My lips are slightly swollen but not enough for anybody to suspect anything.

My hair is now resting in a low, untidy bun at the nape of my head and my clothes are dishevelled but I can't do much about them right now since my suitcase is outside.

I can still feel his lips lingering on my neck, something enticing and seductive. The feel of his hand wrapped around my throat like wisteria curling around roots. The feel of his lips as they collided with mine in a car crash, claiming my taste for his own.

It wasn't just the kissing aspect of it, it was the look in his eyes - how they darkened with lust and desire when I whimpered his forename. It was the heat in his touch and the danger in his words that made it so much more forbidden.

The way I responded, too.

My hands fisted his shirt desperately, pulling him closer so every inch of my body melted into his. My clit throbbed with the pulsating need to be satisfied by him and only him. My body kindled with the overwhelming fever of his arousal that could devour us both.

So much for fucking hating him.

More and more of these devious and X-rated thoughts infiltrate my mind. I squeeze my eyes shut.

Topic change.

He's definitely done by now. Done finding another hotel room for him to stay in unless he's too incompetent to call a hotel and book a room.

I don't think he's going to call me out of this room anytime soon, so I should just open the door and walk out casually.

I mean, it's not like I'm hiding from some wild, ravenous animal that should be caged.

It's just Nathan... who can be a wild, ravenous animal.

I don't think he's going to call me out of this bathroom anytime soon so if I don't walk out, he'll probably just leave me in here for the rest of the night.