| Chapter 8 |

"So?" Sana asked, smiling. "How is your new life as a married woman?"

The two girls were leaving campus and Miyeon was taking her best friend to the dorm.

"I don't know how to describe it. Nicha is a mystery." Miyeon said, reflecting on what she had experienced in almost a month and a half of their relationship.

Of course she couldn't say that she married the Seoul mafia boss and it was all for convenience.

"Nicha is often at work and I'm here at university, but in the evenings we have the opportunity to spend our time together. Sometimes I wish I knew what's in her head. There are times when she is dark and mysterious, and other times when she is sweet and thoughtful."

"I'm happy for you, my friend." Sana said, hugging Miyeon. "You deserve it. I think that she's just shy."

Miyeon smiled slightly. Nicha could be scary, but she knew there was good inside her.

"Thanks, Unnie." Miyeon said, hugging the girl, before walking towards the car.

Soyeon and Yuqi were already waiting for her.

"Hurry up, ma'am." Soyeon said, opening the door. "Looks like a storm is about to start."

Miyeon ran towards the two women in black, smiling.

"Unnie, you know you have to call me by my name. I don't like formalities." the girl said, before getting into the car.

"I'm going to make an effort to do so." the woman said, starting the engine.

"Miyeon-ah, how was your day?" Yuqi asked, turning to look at the girl.

"Pretty boring. When I get home I have to start studying, I have an exam in a few weeks." the brunette said, sighing.

"I'm sure you'll pass it safely! You can do it!" Yuqi said, smiling.

"News from Nicha?" Miyeon asked.

"She'll be home late this evening, so Soyeon and I will be the ones to stay with you, at least until she gets back."

"Don't worry, there's no need. I don't want you to overwork yourself because of me." the brunette said, smiling.

"We can't leave you alone, it's the Boss's order." Soyeon said, looking at Miyeon in the rearview mirror.

"Don't worry, I'll tell Nicha." Miyeon said, smiling.

♛♛♛

The three women finally reached the house, crossing the gates into the driveway.

The car stopped and the three women got out.

"Miyeon, are you sure you don't want us to stay with you?"

"Of course! Go home, it's starting to rain." said the brunette, entering the code into the front door.

The girl greeted the two guards, walking through the door.

"I wonder how could Nicha live here alone before I came along." Miyeon muttered, walking into the kitchen.

The brunette started preparing something for dinner.

Not knowing what Nicha should do, the girl took out her phone, texting her wife.

🗨️ Miyeon

"Nicha."

🗨️ Miyeon

"Have you had dinner yet?"