C H A P T E R T E N- M E N

Stefano was appalled when he heard what Lucian promised to Valeria of all people

He thought his son knew better, he was trained for 29 years to not succumb to other people's expectations. And the one time he takes his eyes off his child, Lucian does exactly what Stefano told him not to.

"Oh my goodness." Maria chuckled, holding onto Matteo to stop herself from falling after laughing so hard.

"And to think you of all people actually listened to her." Nina let out a snort, immediately slapping a hand over her mouth.

"She was going to keep going to Serpenti to buy clothes, something was bound to happen!" Lucian shouted out in frustration.

For the past hour, his uncles, aunts and some of his cousins were teasing him for having a soft spot for Valeria, it was getting to his head.

"Alright buddy, you keep telling yourself that." Lorenzo said, giving him a pat on the back, "It's okay to adore your little sister."

Lucian shrugged his hand off, snatching a glass of whiskey out of Angelo's hand, "Hey! I was drinking that!"

"Fuck off." He grumbled, chugging down the liquid. He found peace as the drink burned the back of his throat, the sensation letting him relax.

That was until an annoying voice interrupted him.

"I want a mall too."

Lucian clenched his fists to stop him from punching his younger step-sister, but the glass in his hand shattered on impact. Luckily he finished the whiskey so his suit didn't get ruined. His hands however were now bleeding profusely.

He ignored the blood, "You don't get one."

He didn't like Olivia, not one bit. The moment she stepped foot into this house, she tried to get everyone's attention. Ironically, she also tried to be like Valeria. Valeria has blond highlights in her hair, and it looked good on her as she had black hair which compliments the blond. Olivia upon seeing this booked herself a quick trip to the salon and overdid her blond highlights. What makes it worse is that she already has blond hair, and since she overdid her highlights, it looks like plain spaghetti on top of her natural hair.

Another thing was she was jealous of Valeria's talent. Everyone in the de Vinci family knew about Valeria's love for architecture, and are aware of her dream to go to Dubai and pursue her career there. Olivia was jealous and tried her best to copy Valeria's art style, but failed miserably.

Her art works are all over the fridge and every time Lucian passes the fridge, he scowls in distaste.

"Why?" Olivia questions, crossing her arms and batting her eyelashes at him.

"You don't need one." Lucian mutters, dropping the glass that's in his hand onto the floor.

"And Valeria does?"