CHAPTER 2

DELULU 2

Friday..

On Fridays we usually visit the family house, since Yarima doesn't stay long at work on Fridays, I wait for him to come back then we go together.

So it's 2:30 am on the passenger seat while Yarima is driving his Bentley. After 30 minutes of driving, we arrived at our destination since our house isn't that far from the palace.

Pause, small intro: Yarima's dad is a Sarki (king) Baba is married to two wives Mummy being the first and the mother of Ya Arman, Ya Umar , Ya Sadiq and Amna, while Mama gave birth to my Yarima and his little sister Nana khadijah.

It has become a family tradition, even before I came , that the whole family gathers every Friday to feast and interact.

Stepping out of the car into a big mansion, everything about the house  screams royalty from the main building, two big flats beside it, and other small flats in front of the house and behind, the exterior, interior, furnitures

we proceed to Mama's part, the beautiful scent of bakhoor enveloped the whole living room  everything about the living room was exquisite

"Ina wuni Mama"(good afternoon Mama) we greeted in unison squatting down
"Lafiya qalou" she replied with a genuine smile walking to were I was, pulling me up and engulfing me in a hug i really love this woman without hesitation I hugged her back

"Mama ni fah"(mother what of me) Yarima said sounding like a small child, which resulted into him earning a playful glare from Mama

"Anty" Khadijah said running  immediately she sighted me she jumped on me "Anty na ga motan Yaya shiyasa nace bari na zo in ganki"( i saw brothers car, that's why I said let me come and see you) she said all in one breath
"khadijah " i said with the same enthusiasm

"zaki karya Antyn naki" mama stated amidst laughter "ku tashi mu tafi" she added, leading the way to the main building with us following behind, khadijah still glued to my right arm.

Upon entering the main building I sighted the maids moving helter skelter ensuring that everything was in place.

Mummy was seated on a sofa with Amna beside her"ina wuni mummy" we greeted squatting
"lafiya qalou" she answered with a smile
"ina wuni Yaya, ina wuni Anty" Amna greeted

After exchanging pleasantries I started walking towards where the others were.
On my way to the kitchen I met Husna Ya sadiq's wife "Ah Ahn Amarya"she said teasingly "Ango" I joked

We went  through a large door which lead to a big dinning hall, where the feast would take place, then steps further was the kitchen.

Upon entering the kitchen I Found Ya Kareema ya Arman's wife, Ya maimuna ya Umar's wife, giving orders to maids on what to do i Knew it I was the last to arrive, immediately Yarima came back from  jummah prayer i was ready and i told him we should go but no he said we are not going there to cook but eat so he just sat down doing nothing,this is not the first time, he does this most times.

"Ina wunin ku" I greeted feeling ashamed for coming late

"Lafiya qalou, ya kike Amarya" answered ya maimuna smiling while ya Kareema pretended not to hear

"I'm really sorry for coming late I had to wait for Yarima"

"No haba bah komai, kuma ba wai akwai wani aiki bah "

Everything was already set so the maids moved it to the dinning area.

The members of the family started gathering, taking their seats one by one.

Ya Arman sat next to ya Kareema with Abba beside him, Ya Umar next to Ya Maimuna with Mahfuz on his lap and Fatima beside him, Husna next to Ya Sadiq, me next to Ya Abdul, while Mama and mummy facing each other, Amna and Khadijah opposite each other.
Everyone was seated when Baba arrived in all glory Sarki, we all got up and welcomed him.

We waited for Baba to sit before we sat. Husna and I being the youngest daughter in law began serving the dishes, she served Baba, mama, mummy, Abba ya Arman and kareema's child , Fatima and mahfuz Umar and maimuna children then lastly mine while I served Ya Arman Ya Kareema Ya Sadiq Ya Umar Ya Maimuna, Yarima and mine.

Half way through our meals , a lady about the same age as me, came in and took a seat not before greeting everyone present.

We continued eating with conversations being thrown here and there "Ya Abdul please can I come stay in your house for a few days " the lady which I learned her name was Nafisa said

"sure" he replied straightforwardly

On our way home, I was thinking about how I met Yarima,
It was a sunny afternoon and I just came out of Sahad stores, on my way back home a car which was coming in almost hit me, infuriated, I glared at the driver glared not eyed , i was already in a bad mood .So the driver came down to apologise, probably feeling bad for almost hitting someone , after he apologised i started laughing saying it was no problem, amazed at my reaction he asked if I was okay or perhaps bipolar,ohhh that did it i switched up again , then he said and I quote "okay, am sorry i didn't mean it"  before you knew it conversations later love at first sight happened, less than a year I was in his house. Funny it still feels like yesterday and we've been married for six months.

"Why are you quiet, what are you thinking off" he asked breaking the silence
"nothing, I want to learn how to drive " I stated

Laughing as if I just acted comedy
"Why and there is a driver to take you anywhere you want to go besides am also here " he stated firmly
"So I don't have to wait for you on Fridays, this isn't the first time I went late, you always make me arrive last"

"Okay am sorry, I would stop making you late, but you aren't driving not now"
"Why can't I learn how to drive and start driving "
"There is a driver for that and if you don't want that driver I'll get you a new one, as for driving no way not now and I don't think ever"
"I give up" I surrendered.

Second chapter down.
Please this is purely a work of fiction and imagination.
Thank you for reading, please share, like and please do comment, Thank you.