CHAPTER 6

DELULU 6

I woke up with a headache and a restless feeling, I tried calming my heart down but to no avail.

I managed to perform my daily activities with Lantana's help. Unfortunately for me we have lectures today. Our break was to last for two weeks and it was over which means classes have resumed.

I was ready for school, so I went outside to see if Malam Abu was in the car and he was. We exchanged pleasantries then he drove off.

We arrived at the school, I walked straight to the lecture hall. I was early as usual, so I found myself a seat on the second roll. Few minutes later the girls started coming.

The class was scheduled for 2pm and it was 2:20, i was starting to think the lecturer wouldn't come but he did .

Our classes were over, we bid goodbye to each other. I remembered last week I promised Khadijah and Amna they could come visit and I would pick them today. I told Malam Abu to drive to Mama's house.

We arrived there and I went to Mama's side, she was in her room, i greeted her and we chatted for a bit.

On my way to Mummy's side I bumped into Khadijah, we entered together, luckily Baba was also there so I greeted both of them.

Khadijah and Amna packed the necessary things they needed and we went to my house.

The girls we getting settled in the room, I was in the kitchen preparing dinner for 6 with Lantana's help. The headache subsided but I'm still feeling restless.

I was in the room while the girls where in the living room watching frozen 2, when suddenly Yarima came in and handed me something in an envelope, I opened it and the content left me shocked.

"What is this" i asked holding the pictures in my hand.

"Exactly what you are seeing " he replied, even though his voice was calm, i could still tell he was furious.

"This is fake" i stated looking down at the items on my hand "just look, it is not real" i added

He didn't say a thing but walked out, i followed him to his room "i am telling you this is a lie, who gave this to you" i inquired.

"Really" was the only thing he said and exited the room.

Not wanting to stay any longer i left to my room, closed the door and picked up the pictures then placed them on my side drawer.

I was already exhausted and now this, so i laid down hoping to rest for some seconds, but I woke up an hour later. I went down to check on the girls.

I met them in the parlour watching another different carton, since they've already eaten I  told them to go to sleep, they obliged and stood up offing the television. We said our goodnight and they went to their room while I entered mine.

I was sleeping when I felt someone rubbing my face, so I woke up, only to find it was Yarima.
Seeing as it was him, I turned sideways backing him.

I was feeling sleepy and not in any mood to talk.
I heard footsteps retreating, which indicated he wasn't in the room.

I opened my eyes and scanned the room confirming my theory. I tried going back to sleep but all my efforts were worthless.

I tossed and turned, with my mind occasionally drifting to the conversation I had with Yarima. But as usual sleep over took me.

-------------------------

I woke up feeling much better compared to yesterday. I performed fajr prayers and recited my morning azkar.

I was done with my prayers. I went to the girls room to wake them up for prayers, upon reaching I met them praying.

I set to the kitchen to begin preparations for breakfast. I was halfway through when Lantana came in and began her work.

Breakfast was ready, I set the table, then went to call the girls down for breakfast.

I was standing in front of Yarima's room, contemplating whether I should call him or not.

I decided to, I was about to knock when he opened the door as if he knew I was there. Frozen on the spot, I stood like a statue before I remembered what brought me "ina kwana" he answered

"Breakfast is ready" I said and began walking not waiting for a reply.

The girls were done eating so they took their plates to the kitchen and left to the room, probably to go freshen up. I was also done, I was waiting for him to finish so I could clear the table.

"Yesterday........." He started but I cut his off "Don't worry about it" I ended

I was not in any mood to discuss the matter, not today, not tomorrow and probably not ever.

I noticed he stopped eating which meant he was done so I picked the plate along with mine and proceeded to the kitchen.

All the while Lantana was in the kitchen tidying up. I went up to where she was by the sink and handed her the plates and she collected.

I came out and met Yarima standing by the door, I walked past him but he still followed me.

I stopped and faced him "please what is it" I asked

"I really want to talk to you" he replied

I could tell he wanted to talk about what happened yesterday, so I decided to be blunt and go straight to the point.

"First it was your cousin, then the supposed scandal and now those pictures,the funny thing is I have never been to the restaurant they used in the picture" I stated in one go.

"Which cousin" he asked.
"Nafisa" I said in a duhh tone

"What did she do" from the looks of it he was angry.

"Please ask her, she knows" I was already tired of the conversation.

With that he left without saying anything.

Please this is purely a work of fiction and imagination.

Thank you for reading.
Please like, share and please do comment. Thank you.