Brett and a Black Eye

Chapter 10

Addy's pov

So after Lucas and Farkle left we stayed and helped Ms. Katy clean. Ms. Katy liked Shawn and Shawn liked Ms. Katy. But not like as friends, like likey like. But Ms. Katy doesn't know that I'm Shawn's sister. No one told her, she just thinks I'm Riley's cousin. Which I sort of am. I don't know this whole thing confuses me! Anyways we were clearing off the tables and talking. "So guys, are you ready for school to start?" I asked. They groan, "No!!!" they both said. I giggle. "What about you?" Riley asked. I shrugged, "I don't know. I don't want it to." I said. They laughed. We finished clearing off the tables then Riley and I went home.

Next Day

"Addy, wake up. You have school." a voice said. It sounded like Shawn. "Go away." I said while pulling the blanket up. "Ok, I'm getting ice water then." he said. I shot up. "I'm up!" I said. He laughed. "Good, get up." he said. He left and I got my clothes for the day. It was a mint green tunic that had pictures on it with a scarf and gray legings. I stood up and went downstairs to eat breakfast. "Hey Addy." everyone said when I went downstairs. I waved and said hi. "Yo kid. You want to come to Topanga's with us laters?" Maya asked. "Yo Hart. I'm in." I said. She smiled, "Good. We'll pick you up after school." Riley said. I nodded and ate my breakfast. Then I went to school.

It was finally recess! Thank gosh! I finally get to talk with Julia. Julia is my best friend. We went to the bars. "Can you do this?" I asked. I did a back hip circle and landed. She laughed and did it. I clapped, "Nice!" I said. We highfived.

"Well look who we have here. The gym babies!" I heard a voice say. "Oh no." Julia said. We turned around and there stood Brett and his friends. "What do you want Brett?" I asked with a sassy attitude. Brett was in 6th grade and picked on me and Julia. He and his friends usually just called us names. He never hit us though, well for now. "Well I've missed the two little babies while I was gone!" he said. I rolled my eyes. He called us babies because the first time he picked on us we cried. Now we don't cause it's just annoying and a waste of time. "Just go away you waste of space." I said crossing my arms. Julia was too scared to say anything. He got mad. "What did you say to me?!" he asked angrily. "You heard me. You're a waste of space." I said uncrossing my arms. His fist balled up and next thing I saw was his fist at my eye! "OW!" I screamed. "Don't ever say that to me and tell nobody!!" he said to us. Then him and his friends ran away. Julia rushed to my side and helped me up.

"Are you ok!?" she asked. I nodded, "I'll be fine. Julia we can't tell anyone!" I said. She sighed and nodded. "I'll just have to make up a story to tell my family." I said. "We have to tell someone Addy! Please!" she pleaded. "Fine. I'll tell Riley, Farkle, Maya, and Lucas." I said giving in. She nodded then the bell rang. We went back to Turner's classroom. Right when I sat down I covered my face with a book. "Hunter, book down please." he told me. I lowered it so he can see my forehead. "Ms. Addison..." he started. I sighed and put the book down. "Whoa what happened?" he asked. "Um...I was trying to do a trick on the bars and I hit my eye." I covered up quickly. "Do you want to see the nurse?" he asked. "No, I'll be fine." I said. He nodded and continued teaching.

After school I walked out alone. Julia had an early dismissal. I walked out and saw Riley, Maya, Farkle, and Lucas waiting for me. "Just act casual." I told myself. I know the first person who's going to be concerned. Lucas. Lucas is like another one of my older brother who's over protective. He is going to want to know what happened. I shook my arms out and walked out of school with a smile. "Hey guys." I said. They all turned and looked at me then saw my eye. "Whoa what happened?" Riley asked. "Wait! Did someone try to hit Julia and you got into a fight with that person, but you won?" Maya asked. "No." I said confused. "Then what happened?" Farkle asked. Lucas looked at my eye. "Ok. Who did it?" he asked. "No one did it. What makes you think that?" I covered up. I can't seem weak to them. They're older than me and I'm the baby of the group. I don't want to seem weak! "Easy. You can see the knuckle traces." he said showing them. Drats. Thanks Brett for leaving your knuckle traces. "Um...I accidently um...fell into Julia's hand while doing an aerial?" I said. They all gave me a look. I bit my lips. "It's nothing." I said. "Addy tell me now." Lucas said. I felt tears in my eyes. "I'm not saying." I said. "Addison." he said. "I'm not saying." I said. "Addison Hunter. I'll say your middle name!" Riley said. I sighed, "Fine. I'll say!" I said. "Brett." I whispered. "Who?" Maya asked. "Brett." I cried. I hugged Lucas and cried.

"Who's Brett?" Farkle asked. "He's this guy who picks on me and Julia since the ending of third grade." I said. "Why didn't you tell us?" Maya asked. "Because I didn't want you guys to think I was weak." I said. "Addy we're not going to think you're weak. If anything that Brett guy is." Riley said. I nodded. Lucas let go of the hug and started walking towards the school. "Hey Bucky McBoingBoing. Where do you think you're going?" Maya asked. "To find that Brett guy." he said. "Lucas, let's just tell Mr. Matthews and he can handle it." Farkle said. Lucas groaned and walked back towards us. "Fine." he mumbled. We went to Topanga's then Maya, Riley, and I went back for dinner. Now let's see if I can explain this to everyone else.

A/N: And what happens next!? And poor Addy! Let's see what Shawn does! And Addy's outfit is above.Thanks for reading and please vote!!!! :)