Chapter 20- Kayla

Days had passed since that little moment me and Jake had in the living room. We had fun, but I felt bad that I had ruined it. We haven't spoke of it since. At first the awkwardness lingered and we both knew it was there but decided to ignore it, until eventually everything went back to normal, or as normal as it would be.

Jake had said that he had a surprise for me and said I should probably pack a bag. I liked his surprises. All his surprises were good ones and they always made me smile. I noticed that whenever I smile he actually smiles. Not the nervous half smiles he used to give when I first met him but real happy smiles. I liked his smiles. I knew that my smiling made him smile but his smiles made me smile even more and I wasn't sure why.

"Are you about ready?" I heard Jake's voice ask. I hadn't known he was standing in the doorway. Startled I quickly jumped and turned around.

"Didn't mean to startle ya." He said with a small chuckle.

"It's fine." I said turning back around and putting the last thing into my bag and zipping it up. 

"All set?" He asked as I slung my bag over my shoulder.

"Yep." I said excited for this surprise. 

"Alrighty let's go." And with that we got in the car and started our trip.