Chapter 32 - Kayla

I don't think I even had any thoughts. The moment I saw Oliver my body and mind seemed to go into panic mode. I barely even registered the conversation between Jake and Oliver. 

Next thing I know I'm being handed over to Oliver and Jake and his crew walk out the door. Leaving me with this psychopathic maniac. 

I met Jake's eyes, I was so confused and hurt as to why he would leave me with him, but in Jake's eyes I could see something, he was planning something and I didn't know what. 

That was, I was only confused for a few minutes. I was left in the middle of the room as Oliver and his goons stepped aside to talk. What about, I have no clue, all I know is that next thing I know the goons are dropping and Oliver has a bright red spot pooling under his head as he also dropped. 

I had never in my entire life seen a man killed. Now that I have I was unsure what to make of it.

Should I be happy? Cry? Scream? I wasn't sure.

I looked over to see Jake coming towards me as we leave the building and head towards a van. 

With that we left. Left the bodies. The building. The man of my past. We were done. I was done. I was okay. I was also so confused. Hurt and confused, and numb, and lost. 

I wasn't sure what to do anymore. 

(A/n I did say that this chapter would be short, I'll work on another one soon, I hope you guys have enjoyed it so far!! ❤️)