chapter 6 - company

Weekend - this time, it actually felt like something needed. I sat myself in my bed. It was eleven in the morning when I looked at the clock. Still, I didn't see a reason for me to get out of warm blanket. It was the only comforting place. Out of everywhere. I layed on my stomach with my face on my arms. I tried to keep my head clearer. I wanted to have at least one good morning out of seven days of the week. It usually was too much to ask for.

Finally, though, I picked up my phone, which was found on the floor. Every night I was telling myself I'd place it next to my bed, but then I tend to fall asleep before I could do that. I usually didn't even hear its noice when it has hit the ground.

I checked everything I could. The weather was nice today, the news wasn't looking super bad, and there were no updates that had to do with people from my school. I was surprisingly lucky this morning.

I shortly after heard my stomach growl, which made me sit up and stand up next. This was the part when I slowly started to feel the same old feelings that were coming back. I looked out of the window next to the kitchen. The same old world was meeting me, while I got reminded that I used to do such bad things to its people. I wanted to tell myself it was just a high school drama, but it wasn't only that. I did all that out of my own anger at Princess Celestia. There were more days when I actually regretted all of it.

I sighed. Bringing back the focus to my appartment, I looked in the fridge. I picked up some stuff out of it, and made a reminder in my phone to go for real groccery shopping soon. I made at least four of them to not have a chance to forget it. My mind has been working low so I prepered myself to at least remember the basic thing. 

As I did that I checked the messeges. Of course there was one person I wanted to get one from. Although, nothing appered on my screen when I took a look. My mood went down a little, but I knew there was one thing to not let this contunue. Then I was deep into my thoughts again.

Why am I doing this? It was the third day of conversation, which was looking casual and friendly. That shouldn't be so easy. For me, at least. I tried to think about the consequences of all this. I knew who she was more than she knew me. That could be creepy, but at the same time, she wasn't the same person I should consider her to be. And I tried not to acknowledge her as that. All of this was really messed up. If someone realized I was in any contact with the Princess' counterpart, I would be a bigger goner than I actually was. At the same time, if anyone from my school casually found her at her work, just like I accidentally did, I wasn't sure if they'd be as calm and pleasant as I was. Princess Twilight left a huge amount of drama by going back home. She didn't mean it, but the milk was spilled. Anyone could recognize the new-found girl, who at the time probably would be just living. She wasn't signing up for this. It was all my fault.

And with that I felt the urge to protect her. Somehow.

With a new idea, our fresh contact wasn't such a bad thing after all. Some of the pressure of these past days went out of me, when I picked what to do. I needed to keep her away from anyone at my school. I didn't know how I would do it at any matter but it was a challenge and I somehow still liked them. I also enjoyed texting her. Even though it sounded weirdly enough...

'Hi you up already?' - I needed to make sure. I also forgot at first how she litterly listened to me cry like a baby the day before. I felt embaresed, but she didn't seem to mind it since then. She was as cold as ever. She was as cold as the time I met her. This seemed normal.

'ye? its 11' - Harsh messege popped up, and I felt kinda weird about my clarification. - 'although i shouldve used more sleep today, but eh' - I shouldn't be surprised the next messege was more chill. She looked, sounded and gave the impression of pure ice that is hard and uncomfortable when you touch it. No one it was true though. I was actually close to admiting that she was more pleasant then most of people... or I should say, ponies I've met in the past.