Panic Attack

Thoughts of violence and PTSD visions

Italic=dream

It had been three weeks since Emma came back and was now up to date on all her work after putting in a lot of overtime, due to missing the last few months. And in that time, her feelings for her leather-covered co worker had become much stronger.

Ever since she came back, she often found herself gazing at the badass beauty of Rosa Diaz before snapping herself out of it. Luckily Rosa didn't notice yet, but was only a matter of time before she caught herself staring too long.

~

It was a regular day at the 99, starting with a morning briefing from Captain Holt who was updating the situation on Jake and Boyle's jewellery store robbery.

"I want you both to find out the M.O. on this Dave Smith." Holt directed the boys who nodded in unison as he looked over at Emma and Rosa behind them.

"Lowe, Diaz, there are some old cases I have marked in the evidence room from the 70's and 80's that need to be looked over, as most people back then didn't care about spelling." He described before Scully piped up.

"I once spelled case with a k." He bragged making Amy shudder.

"Anyway, I suggest you also check for continuity errors as the penmanship is horrid." He told the two detectives.

"Why can't Amy do it?" Diaz argued.

"As much as I would love to, I am supposed to be writing a letter on Gina's behalf after she got a complaint from an old lady about her grandson." Amy gave Gina a dirty look.

"He was faking it. This is why can't take kids anywhere these days." The woman stated dramatically before the Captain resumed

"And since neither of you are working a case at the moment, you're my only other options. But I believe if you both work together, you should have this knocked in about three hours." Holt finalised.

"Fine." Rosa groaned as Emma sighed with "Yes, Captain."

"Good. Now I believe that's all. Dismissed." He finished the meeting.

~

It was a little later in the evidence room as Emma was struggling due to a coughing fit happening nearly every twenty seconds.

"Are you going to keep coughing like that the whole time?" Rosa groaned, a little fed up with the coughing.

"I'm sorry *cough* I didn't *cough* realise there would be *cough* so much dust in here." Emma replied in between coughs.