A New Girl

Fast forward a few months

Emma woke up to the sound of her alarm. Staying at her sister's house wasn't ideal but she didn't want to keep paying for accommodation nor did she want to stay with her parents, since she still wasn't exactly on good terms with them.

She checked her phone and smiled at her Lock Screen. It was a picture of her and Rosa, taken the night after she came back from jail.

"Still miss you, babe."

Despite the task force taking up most of her days, Emma would make the effort to contact her girlfriend every chance she got and still thought about the other squad members on the occasion.
But she didn't feel bad about leaving them. Brooklyn was always going to be her new home and knew she would see the Nine-Nine again, once she had finished up here.

~

It was the weekend as Emma had gone to the shop to get some things for tonight's dinner. And despite it being over 20°c, she still wore her leather jackets as a trademark of Rosa's influence on her.

She got off her bike and was about to head to the store, when she heard yelling.

"WHERE ARE THEY?!"

She moved towards the noise and saw a blonde woman, a little taller than her, getting harassed by a scary looking male with curly dark hair and a long scruffy beard. He was very clearly on some type of substance.

"Please, let me go. I don't know what you mean!" The girl pleaded

"DON'T YOU LIE TO ME! I KNOW YOU HAVE THEM!" The man screamed at her, seemingly getting more aggressive by the second.

Emma watched on as she was unsure of whether she wanted to intervene, not knowing how dangerous he would be if provoked. But the man now had the girl against the wall, grabbing her neck as something then struck in Emma. It didn't matter if she was off duty, she needed to save this poor helpless woman.

"Hey! Don't move. Let her go and put your hands where I can see them!" She ran towards him.

"Oh yeah, what are you gonna do-"

She took his hands off the distressed woman and Emma grabbed his wrists as he tried to punch her, instead hitting himself in the head, which caused him to start wailing uncontrollably.

"LOOK WHAT YOU DID, YOU STUPID BITCH!"

"Your fault, not mine." Emma responded blankly.

He then grabbed her shoulders as she did the same, before kneeing him to the ground and putting his arms behind his back, now pinning him down.

"Think twice about what you do in front of a cop." Emma told him as people gathered around and started clapping.

"Oh man, that felt amazing. Can you hit me again?" The crazy man asked.

"Just, shut up, dude." She sighed

A few minutes later, the police had arrived and questioned the unstable man as the girl told them everything that happened to her while Emma also added what she saw. Once they took him away, the girl walked up to Emma and gave her a hug.

"Thank you so much. I didn't know what would've happened if you didn't step in." She said gratefully

"You're welcome. It's my job to help people." She stated with a smile.