Back in Brooklyn

December 2018

December 2018

"Well, Lowe. In just 15 months, we managed to reduce drug gangs across the country by a whopping 77%." Jefferson said relieved as the two sat in his office.

"And I was happy to be apart of it, sir." Emma smiled.

"You were more than just apart of it, Emma. You helped 18% of those scoundrels give up crime for the greater good." He told her

"To be fair, some of them were only being influenced by the major gangs. Once we took them down, it was pretty easy to convince those others to stop and think twice about doing drugs altogether." She stated.

"Either way, you did such a great job for us, and I'm sure Raymond will be very happy to hear how you went."

"Are you saying this means I can go back to Brooklyn?" She asked

"Affirmative."

"Really?"

"Of course. I learned my lesson from last time." The former captain admitted with a sigh.

"Listen, Emma, I need to apologise for how I handled your departure. I was so focused on losing one of my best detective's, that I didn't support them during a rough time, one when they needed me most. And for that, I am truly sorry." He apologised sincerely.

"It's okay. It wasn't all your fault and you eventually decided to the right thing and have me transfer out instead of letting me give up my dream career. You had faith in me that I could do good somewhere else."

"And I'm glad you now have a new commanding officer who you can trust. For those last two years of working with you, I could see how much you have improved under someone like Ray Holt. Not only he, but all of the 99th precinct, deserves to have you." He said warmly as Emma smiled.

"You are free to go now. Thank you for your service, detective." Jefferson gave her one final nod.

"My pleasure, sir."

/||||||||||||||||\

A few weeks later

Emma stood at the front of the huge building once again, getting a sense of Deja vu, remembering her first time being at the precinct before walking in, where she was immediately noticed by a uniformed officer.

"Hey, Detective Lowe. Good to see you back." He waved at her.

"Thanks Andrew." She greeted.

"The squad is still up there. They should be excited to see you." He added.

She gave him a nod before walking over to the elevator and getting in while smiling gracefully, so happy to be home.