The Fugitive Pt 2

It was now the new year, and a lot had happened since Emma and Rosa had their 'little moment'

The precinct had gone into full manhunt mode to capture a bunch of criminals who had escaped prison. It was quite stressful for Emma as she wasn't used to looking for multiple people all at once. especially when Jake and Amy turned it into a competition with the loser having to move into the other's apartment.

~

Emma walked into the precinct and saw the elevator was about to close when she sprinted towards it and quickly got in, only to be joined by Jake and another guy beside him.

"Hey Jake, who's this?" She asked the boy

"Ah, hello Emma. I am so glad you asked." He grinned. "Meet Doug Judy." He pointed to the larger man who smiled and waved.

"Wait this is the guy who steals Pontiacs?" Emma realised, remembering Jake telling her a lot about his 'nemesis'.

"Peralta, you talk about me?" Judy smiled

"No, I only brought it up one time, through a conversation involving cars." He denied.

"It was definitely more than once." She recalled

"You're not helping me, Em." He muttered to the girl as the elevator opened to the fourth floor.

"So why is he here?" Emma questioned as they all stepped out.

"Doug's foster brother is the murderer we're after. If we can't find him and take him down, Doug won't get immunity for all his past crimes." He explained.

"So, let me get this correct. You're helping a guy, who has run away from you multiple times, track down his brother so he can get justice and be freed from his crimes?" She asked suspiciously.

"Yep. Pretty much nailed it on the head." Jake smiled.

"How do you know he's not going to escape you again when he gets his immunity?" The girl questioned, folding her arms. She did not like the thought of Jake helping this criminal.

"Because he's secretly a good guy, not just your average crook. And he's not gonna run on me again, ain't that right Judy. Judy?" Jake asked the man who was staring in the direction of Rosa working at her desk.

"There she is. I knew I'd see that leather jacket anywhere." He smiled as he began walking towards her.

"Rosa, Rosa, Roooosaaaa." He sang, getting her attention as the woman rolled her eyes.

Emma felt herself tense up as Judy tried to flirt with the badass. She didn't want to admit she was jealous since her and Rosa were just friends, but it still hurt, seeing Judy hit on her crush, who seemed very uninterested in him as Jake went over and stopped it from going any further.

"Judy you can talk to Rosa later, let's focus on getting your brother." He told the man as they walked over to Holt's office, but not before Judy blew her a kiss which made Emma's skin crawl.