one

"not in a million years"

----------------------------------

The cool breeze from the north shore blows through the big french doors. It was summer holidays and Lia and Sarah were in their bikinis tanning while gossiping about girls from their school. It's a typical thing to do during the summer holidays. And very normal for two teenage girls to do.

There's no school work to worry about, no teachers roaming the boring shit and no need to worry if your recent summer tan is gonna fade during the winter.

It felt like winter didn't exist here in the Outer Banks. Summer was what mattered. The excuse to go to parties and get drunk or to just tan outside just like the two girls were doing.

While applying sun oil Sarah told her best friend the most juiciest tea ever, "And he told Olivia that Zoe was better and just left." Lia's jaw was dropped to the ground. She couldn't believe what she was hearing. "Wow, if I'm being honest Olivia deserved it. She was a bitch anyways." Lia shrugged. Sarah giggled.

She and Lia had been best friends since birth. Their parents were close and they knew each other since high school, luckily their kids became friends with each other. So they've been close. Even though their parents have two completely different jobs, they always found a way to connect. Before the girls could gossip even more they heard the front door open.

They both turned around and saw their brothers walking towards them. It looked like they'd just gone golfing at the club. "Hey babe." Topper said, hugging Sarah by the hips. Lia looked at them in pure disgust. "Hey babe," she mocked in a deep tone.

Topper and Sarah got together a few months ago. Lia had a feeling there was something between them but nothing much. Until they both spilled the tea and said they were official. And ever since then Sarah pressured Lia to get with her brother. But as stubborn as she is, she keeps refusing. Rafe giggled at Lia's attitude.

"Oh shut up, you're just jealous you can't find a man," Topper sassed back at her. She just rolled her eyes.

Before Lia added anything Sarah added "Well Lia and I are here having a girl's day, good bye," she said to her brother and boyfriend while brushing them away. "Whatever," Rafe mumbled.

Both boys walked upstairs to Toppers room. Most likely doing illegal shit. "Well..back to the story," Sarah smirked. Lia giggled, she found it funny how Sarah knows everything and almost anything about the Kook Academy drama.

It was almost sunset and the girls were still talking. There's no such thing as too much talking or gossiping. "I think we should call it a day," Sarah signed sarcastically. "Unless..we can have a sleepover," Lia grinned. "Hell yes! I'm always down for a sleepover!" Sarah said, jumping out of the outdoor pool lounge and dragged her best friend up.

Both girls giggle. "First sleepover for the summer," Lia sang. They giggled and skipped their way to Lia's bedroom.

Running up the stairs they heard terrible rap music coming out of Topper's room. Sarah gave Lia a sign to open the door. She smirked and walked closely to the door. Then they opened the door widely and saw both boys holding a bong and Rafe holding a magazine with bikinis on the other hand.

They were disgusted with their brother's attitude. The bedroom window was open but the room was still smokey. The girls cough in exaggeration while waving their hands from the smoke and both boys roll their eyes.

"My dear boyfriend, what has Rafael Cameron got you into?" Sarah questioned sarcastically. Sarah knew she couldn't control what Topper does, but she can prevent it. Even if Topper does bad shit that Rafe influences him to do, she'll always love him.