five

"you really are a gentleman"

----------------------------------

The girls woke up and felt shit. They got out of bed with smudged makeup and frizzy hair. "Oh my goodness." Sarah muttered. "I feel like crap." Lia mumbled.

Sadly, Lia still remembers yesterday well and clearly. From what happened with Nate to what happened with Rafe. Let's hope Rafe forgets.

"Dibs the shower!" Sarah said. "You go, I'm gonna sleep again." Well the thing is, Lia couldn't sleep. The thought of Rafe kissing her gave her goosebumps.

She knew Rafe was off limits but she couldn't lie but say he was hot. Of course she never said anything to anyone because they will call her crazy.

Sarah got out of the shower and changed. "Your turn babe." Sarah said while shaking her wet hair towards the half sleep brunette. "Finally." She groaned, then got out of bed.

Lia found random clothes from Sarah's drawer that she could wear and walked into the bathroom. She did a thorough wash, removing all the tears, sweat and alcohol from the party.

Then she used the spare toothbrush Sarah had for her to brush her teeth. Lia changed into wide leg track pants with a skimmed t-shirt. When Lia got out of the bathroom, Sarah gave her a big hug.

"Sarah, you're suffocating me." Lia grunted, trying to find some air. "I went downstairs to get water and I bumped into Rafe. He asked me if you were okay. Of course, because I was drunk yesterday and don't remember a thing, I asked what happened. Then he told me the Nate situation.." Sarah explained, biting her lips while still hugging her.

"Oh..well luckily Rafe was there to help me." "I thought I'd never say this but, I'm grateful Rafe was there." Sarah said, getting out of the hug.

"I swear when I see Nate I'm gonna kick his ass." "Let's go downstairs?" Lia questioned. Sarah agreed and both girls walked down.

Rafe was downstairs like Sarah mentioned. He was making himself a cup of coffee. "Hey.." Rafe said awkwardly. Little did Lia know, he still remembers last night.

Every single thing.

"Hi." Lia smiled back. "You guys are so awkward." Sarah rolled her eyes. Lia and Rafe just nervously giggled. "You want coffee?" Rafe offered. "Yeah..sure." Rafe made a cup of coffee.

Lia has probably spent half of her life at Tannyhill. Rafe knows what type of coffee she likes. Even during winter she loves her iced coffee. "Just how you like it." Rafe smirked, giving her the coffee. "Oh why thank you." Lia grinned.

When Lia went to sit on the kitchen stool, she realised Sarah was nowhere to be found. "Last night.." "Was a mista-" "No it was amazing." Rafe smirked. Lia was confused.

"Seeing you so desperate for me. Holding my face. The things you do to me Adalia." He said in a raspy voice. Lia got butterflies. She was speechless. She didn't know what to say. "We should do this more often." He added while leaving the kitchen just before Sarah came back.

"Sorry my dad needed me. Offered me about a trip." She said while looking at her older brother oddly. "Did he do anything to you?" Sarah said changing the subject. "Nope." Lia replied, smiling flatly.

Knowing that Rafe had some sort of feelings for Lia. She felt a bit of relief. Going to midsummers with him will be more relaxing.

Lia finished her iced coffee. "Hey I'm gonna head home to check on my parents. Wanna go midsummer dress shopping?" She questioned. "Yes!! Pick me up at 2?" Lia nodded.