six

"I was doing you a favour"

----------------------------------

It was getting closer to midsummers and people had been busy. Well the workers at the club have been.

Preparing the meals and the seating arrangements. This could take years.

The country club has slowly been coming into place. They added fairy lights into the trees and other decorations so they wouldn't have to worry about decorating on the day.

Lia's mother loved the outfit her and Rafe chose. She said it suited both of them.

Lia was very excited for midsummers. Seeing Rafe in a matching suit as hers. The jealousy Sofia would have, seeing them walking down the entry. She would pay millions to see her face.

Today, Lia decided to hang out with the pogues. They haven't hung out in what feels like ages. They decided on a movie that's being held annually at the park.

This hangout was also a good opportunity to slowly tell the group that she's going to midsummers with Rafe.

Lia promised the pogues that nothing will happen with her and Rafe. Especially since both families are close. And because Rafe did nothing but hurt the pogues.

While driving she hopes the group will understand and being Rafe's date is only for her parents sake.

She parked the car right at the front where she saw Pope, Kiara and JJ. Wonder where John B was? She jogged to the small group and gave everyone a hug.

They all walked to find a good spot to sit and watch. While the group got themselves comfortable, Lia couldn't ignore but see Pope's face all busted up. She decided to just ask.

"Hey Pope, what happened to your face?" Was this too soon? Both Pope and JJ looked uncomfortable about the question. "Just some annoying kooks." Pope replied, rolling his eyes. 

Pope knew who threw the punch, but saying who wasn't necessary. "Damn, wish I knew who. Then I could beat their ass." Lia giggled to cover the awkward conversation.

"You guys want a drink?" Kie questioned. "Sure, I'll come." Lia smiled. They both walked to the canteen at the side of the park then waited in line. There were only a few people ahead of the girls.

"Hi, how can I help you?" The young lady asked. Lia recognized her from the cut, she was at a few parties that she and the pogues held. She must be here for the extra cash. "Four pepsi please," Lia smiled.

Kie offered to pay, but as stubborn as Lia was she kept declining. She finished paying and was gonna walk out until she saw Rafe.

He was walking away from his minions and her brother and walked towards her. He was wearing a yellow t-shirt, blue shorts and a gray cap which was on backwards.

"Hey Dali," Rafe mocked. Lia hated that nickname. Rafe always called her that when they were younger. He would only call her that to piss her off. "And Kie," he gave them a little nod.

Lia didn't say anything, luckily Kie did. Her voice was firm "What do you want Rafe?" He smirked. "Nothing much, just tell your boy we know what he did," he snickered.

Lia was just as confused as Kie was. "Which boy," she sassed back. "Oh they'll know who," he replied before walking back to his minions.

The girls looked at each other in pure confusion. Then they walked back to their spot with the drinks. "Was that Rafe Cameron talking to you?" JJ questioned. Kie nodded.

"He said something like 'tell your boy we know what you did'," Lia mocked. Pope and JJ looked at each other like they were caught. They turned around and made eye contact with Rafe, Topper and Kelce.