seven

"you guys need an explanation"

----------------------------------

Lia woke up dreading what would happen. She didn't sleep much and most of the night was thinking what to say to the pogues.

She knew that she couldn't avoid the pogues forever and that they deserved an explanation. But will the pogues forgive her?

She got out of bed and walked straight to the bathroom. She did her usual routine then changed. She slipped on her bikini then denim shorts and a fitted tee.

Soon after Lia grabbed her day bag with beach necessaries and walked downstairs. She saw both of her parents sitting on the outside porch together talking.

She opened the back door. "I'm going out, I'll be back before dinner." Lia smiled.

Both parents waved her goodbye and she was on her way to the chateau.

She hopped into her car and reversed slowly. The road was quiet since it's still morning but the footpaths were filled with couples walking their dogs or a group of friends hanging out.

This was the real feeling of the Outer Banks summer. All you see are smiles and laughter. But this year Lia felt like summer was different. It wasn't the same as it used to be.

Now Lia was over the bridge that divides the Cut and Figure 8. She drove through the gravel with a few trees surrounding and saw the twinkie parked and parked next to it.

She quietly walked towards the porch where she heard faint talking. So she stopped walking.

"I still don't know what she sees in him! What if he manipulates her to be on his side?" JJ said feeling stressed. "It's Lia we're talking about, she might have an explanation. She wouldn't betray us like that." Kie added.

Lia started to smile, Kie was right. She did indeed have an explanation.

Lia walked closer to the group. "Hey guys.." She smiled flatly. "Hey." Kie replied. JJ stood still and gave the tall girl a flat smile. Next to him was Pope, but John B seems to still be MIA.

"Are you okay? You didn't follow us yesterday?" Pope questioned, trying to change the subject. Lia nodded, "I was following you, until my brother dragged me to his car." That was a lie, but mentioning Rafe was probably not the most appropriate at this moment.

Kie and Pope nodded. JJ was listening but now avoiding eye contact. "You guys need an explanation." Lia sighed, looking at JJ.

Everyone was seated and listening to Lia.

She explains everything, how her mother made her and Rafe go together as midsummers and not being able to say anything about it.

While biting her lip, Lia waited for a response. Kie and Pope didn't look as affected but JJ was sitting there consuming the information. "I believe you." JJ nodded. Lia smiled and ran from her seat, giving JJ a tight hug.

"I swear I was gonna tell you guys yesterday, before that big mouth told you guys." Lia surrendered.

"So you when Rafe said you only went with him cause you couldn't resist him..that wasn't true?" Kie questioned in full sarcasm. "Oh gosh." Lia giggled.

For the rest of the morning the pogues have been bullying Lia about her going to midsummers with Rafe. "You guys are so mean." Lia said half giggling.

"What are you guys talking about?!" John B grinned at the group. "Jesus John B you scared me!" "Sorry that I've been MIA, your boy has been busy." John B explains. "Busy as in busy with girls..sure." JJ laughed.