Chapter 12.

GURNAAZ POV 

After cake cutting , Dadi brought me to her room. Maa and Prabh chachi are also in the room. The room was huge. Even if 4 rooms of orphange are joined then also this room would be bigger. Samar veer ji brought my bag in the room and dadi led me to dressing area to change. 

I finally got my freedom from the heavy lehenga. I changed and joined Dadi and Maa. 

Soon chachi came in with some servants and they arranged the dinner. I was shocked to see soo many dishes , I didn't even knew name of some dishes. Chachi may be observed this from my expressions and she lightly smiled seeing my shocked face. We then had our dinner. 

Maa and Chachi , they both have magic in their hands , the food was so tasty.. actually tasty isn't right word. I've to start learning some fancy words for sure. 

After dinner , dadi called me to sit with her and Maa and Chachi also fell silent. Dadi held my hands and said 

"Gurnaaz , beta see I know that all this very strange for you. I know we are at fault some where but believe us , we had a reason to do this.." dadi paused while speaking and environment of the room turned serious. My heart was beating fast and my mind was filled of negative thoughts. 

May be Manali said it right , may be the reason dadi is talking about is GUILT. My all negative thoughts just got a blow by next words of dadi. 

"Beta, actually , Jaspreet's grandfather is very spiritual person and he doesn't believe in court marriages" dadi said 

That means , they don't accept this wedding? Manali's words came to my mind "They will throw you out"  My hands were trembling and sweat formed on my forehead. 

"Gurnaaz beta relax" Dadi said as she firmly hold my hands and Maa passed me a glass of water. 

"You okay?" Maa asked and I slightly nodded.

"Beta, all we want to say is that , Jaspreet's grandfather wants you to marry Jaspreet with proper rituals , Once we go back to Punjab , we'll have your wedding in a proper way" Dadi said those words and whole storm of negative thoughts inside me stopped.

So , they want our marriage with rituals . A smile formed on my face. A smile of relief. Like every girl , I also dreamed about my marriage with rituals , celebrations and lot more. It was like god had decided to fulfil all my dreams now. 

"So , beta , until then , you will stay with me .. I know you are lawfully married to Preet  and you should be staying with him .. but it's his grandfather's wish that everything should be according to rituals. " Dadi said and I nodded understanding everything. 

Just then Samar entered the room and asked "Bhabhi , do you like ice cream?" 

"Umm yes" I replied and he smiled and hurriedly went out of the room. 

"Ehda kujh nhi ho skda , hawa vang aunda , toofan wang janda" Chachi said to which everyone laughed. 

(He comes like wind and goes like storm) 

We were still laughing when Samar came back with 5 boxes. "Bhabhi , I didn't knew , which flavour you like , so I bought 5 , as only five were available at the shop , but if you want any other , we can-" 

"No , I love chocolate one " I cut his words. I was overwhelmed. 

Everyone ate ice cream , Dada ji , Dad and Chachu also joined. We ate ice cream listening to chachu's childhood story. Just then we heard the sound of car. Maybe Jass came. 

After some moments , Jass entered , I was looking at door only and our eyes met for a brief second before I turned my head towards Chachi , she told Jass and Arsh to change and rest.