Part 1

Part 1

Hanuman Singh, Dsp Punjab Police posted at Patiala, was getting ready in his room. He wore his uniform and looked in the mirror for the third time to check if everything was ok. He didn't like any imperfection in his uniform. For him, his uniform was his pride. He was devoted to his duty and to his department. He was one of the most reputed officers of Punjab police. Everyone respected him in the city but sadly the person in whose eyes he wanted to see that pride, disliked his profession and never wanted him to continue his services. His late wife Babita always used to say that Hanuman's duty is her 'sautan'. He always gives more time to his duty than to his wife. When she was diagnosed with cancer Hanuman Singh was shattered and had taken up desk job at the head quarters so that he could spend most of his time with her. He tried everything in his capability but could not save her. She left him and their daughter Mini in his care. Hanuman Singh sighed and looked at the family photos hung on the wall and went down the memory lane.

After Babita's death Hanuman Singh has realized the importance of relations also and had been a father first and officer later. Though he had taken up field job again but he made it sure to give all the love and care to his daughter so that she doesn't feel absence of her mother. Hanuman had called an elderly lady, Naem bi, whom he considered like his mother, from the village and placed Mini under her care. Naeem bi had taken care of his daughter like her granddaughter. Together with Naeem bi Hanuman Singh has raised Mini into confident and strong young girl. Mini got beauty from her mother and attitude from her father. She was papa's princess. For her, Hanuman was his hero until her prince charming walked into her life and swept her off her feet.

Mini was quite young when she met Neil Oberoi. He was an IPS officer who was posted as trainee under her father. The boy had an impressive family history. His grandparents from both sides were from army background while his father was a police officer and mother was a doctor. Though his parents died when he was in college but he didn't let that come in between his dream of becoming an IPS. Hanuman Singh liked that boy so much as he could see the glimpse of himself in him...same dedication towards duty and department...same love for discipline...same passion for solving cases and getting culprit behind the bars. Neil kept coming to Hanuman's house and there he met Mini. He was mesmerized by her beauty and confident attitude while Mini was floored by his personality and the fact he was a lot like her father. They started dating and in just three months they had decided that they foresee a future together. They had asked for Hanuman's blessings.

Hanuman was aware of the growing closeness between the two and also tried to make them understand individually that they should not indulge in this relationship as he knew both of them too well. Neil may be a passionate lover but he was an officer first and Mini was lot like her mother, she didn't like her dad's busy schedule how she will adjust with Neil, who eventually will become even a senior officer than her father which will mean even more busy schedule.... but ....as they say....when love is in the air who listens to anyone except one's heart.

"You two are so young for marriage. Neil is only 26 while Mini, you are only 23. You didn't even complete your education. Mini...you wanted to become a teacher right?" Hanuman had questioned. "Sir, I truly love your daughter. I know I am young but I can take care of her. You don't have to worry." Neil has replied. "And dad, I can complete my education after marriage also." Mini has argued. "How I explain this to you Mini....I know you...its going to be very difficult for you to adjust according to him." Hanuman had given his best try. "Dad, I love him so much. I can do anything for him." A lovesick, young immature Mini had replied. Whatever Hanuman said made no sense to Neil and Mini as Neil took Hanuman's advice as just as the rant of an insecure father while Mini thought it as just over thinking nature of her dad. When Hanuman saw that he cant do anything about it, he prayed to God and gave them his blessings. Neil and Mini got married. After completing his training Neil got posted in different city.