Epilogue

Epilogue

4 years later

Mini was busy as usual in running behind 3 year old Shaurya and he was giving her hard time as he was too fast for her. Arya was laughing on Mini. "Shut up and help me Arya." Mini scolded her. "No mumma, isn't it enough that you torture me by making me drink that yuckish milk now you want to torture poor Shaurya also" Arya replied and cheer up for Shaurya to run faster while making faces at Mini.

"Princess, what I told you last time? No provoking Shaurya for doing mischiefs because this little miscreant gives headache to your mumma." Neil replied as he caught Shaurya and took him back to Mini who glared at Shaurya and gestured him to finish the milk. "Sorry papa....but it was fun." Arya replied giggling.

"It was fun....suna iski baatein...dadi amma ban gayi hai bilkul. Ek toh school mein job karke thak jati hoon main phir pura din inke shaitano ke peechhe bhago...pareshan kar rakha hai in dono ne." Mini complained. "Chill! bachhe hain...wo shaitani nahi karenge to kya hum karenge?" Neil laughed. "Waise idea itna bura bhi nahi hai....are you in a mood for little shaitani tonight?" Neil teased her. "Shut up! ye dono tumhari shaitaniyo ka hi natija hai." Mini glared at him.

All of them sat at breakfast table. Mini smiled looking at her perfect family. She remembered how when Arya was discharged from the hospital Neil remained true to his promise and was serious about quitting the job as he had understand the value of family. But Mini had also understood the importance of his duty and his love for it. She stopped him from doing that.

They all have moved to Amritsar with Neil. Though Neil had not quit the job but took the posting at police training academy as a trainer of new recruits. It was a simple 9 to 5 job which gave him enough time for spending it with his family. Mini had tried to persuade him not to do this because of her but he had refused saying that he wants to be there for Mini in her pregnancy and dont want to miss out any important moments like their baby's first words, his birthday, the moment he will stand up all by himself, the moment he will walk by himself....the first time he will call him dada.

Since then life was a bliss for them. But Mini knew Neil missed his old field job. He didn't show but he missed it. From some days he was a little distracted. Neil got a call but he cut it quickly. Mini noticed this and sighed. It was happening from some days now she tried to ask him but he brushed off the topic saying it was nothing.

Just then Arya switched on the tv. A news was coming on it about a gang rape case. "One whole week has been passed and police have no clue about it. Is govt. sleeping. Has this state become unsafe for girls? A girl was gang raped and brutally murdered and police didnt even arrested anyone till now." News anchor said. Then they started showing disturbing images of victim's body. Arya screamed as she was scared from it. Mini immediately rushed towards her and switched off the tv. "What has happened to these chanels. How they have become so insensitive." Neil condemned the trp hungry media.

Arya was hugging Mini. She slowly pulled apart and asked very innocently, "Mumma, what were they saying on the news? What is meant by rape?" Mini gasped as she didn't know how to answer it. Today's children are exposed to so many things how to control what they see and what not and how to answer these kind of difficult questions. Mini tried but couldn't come up with any answer. She looked at Neil for help. "Princess, you are too young to understand all this. We will tell you everything once you become a little mature. Till then I can only tell you that rape is a very terrible thing...a heinous crime." Neil handled the situation somehow.

"Papa, but that girl in the news. She was dead and they were saying police is not doing anything. Papa, the person who did that terrible thing to that girl will be living freely? Nobody will punish him?" Arya asked another question. This time Neil was very disturbed. He couldn't answer and left the room. Mini noticed this and went behind him.

"Sir, I understand the pressure and media trial but you try to understand my situation. I cannot lose my family again. I deliberately took this posting now I cant...." Neil was on his phone. He suddenly stopped as he saw Mini coming into the room. "...I'll call you later." Neil cut the call.

"So, they are calling you for another case?" Mini asked. "No...its nothing like that. It was..." Neil tried to explain. "Don't lie Neil...I have already heard what you just said and I am noticing you from some days now. Its that gangrape and murder case right?" Mini asked. Neil just nodded his head.

"You miss it right? Those field posting days.....chasing criminals...putting them behind bars." Mini asked as she looked into his eyes for searching truth. Ever since he has took posting here he keeps getting calls to lead the investigation of some or other case but he didnt took any of it but this case....the severity of it disturbed him a lot and he could relate to it as a father of a daughter. He was in dilemma what to do? "Yes, I miss it but over the years I have come to realize that its not as important as my family. Mini, when I took this posting I didn't do any sacrifice. I did it deliberately to spend time with you. So stop thinking like I have made some great sacrifice and I am sad here." Neil replied honestly.

"I know Neil....you don't need to give explanation. And I had also understood it long back that what you do ...your service...your duty...its for the greater good of people. It has made you what you are today....I am not that immature and nagging wife now who cant handle family on her own for few days....I want you to go...." Mini held his hands in hers.

"Mini...you don't need to..." Neil tried to say no but Mini didn't let him complete. "Neil...I want you to go....go and prove once again they don't call you 'the super cop' just like that. Go so that I can answer Arya's question. Anyone who commits such heinous crime will be arrested and punished for it." Mini encouraged him.

"Thanks....I was...in dilemma from last few days...my duty was calling me on one side while on other side I didn't want to leave you guys. I promise I will find that b***ard and will try to come as soon as possible." Neil promised as he kissed Mini on forhead. "I know." Minisaid as she smiled at him with proud. "And you are not a nagging wife...may be a jhagdalu a little bit." Neil teased her and Mini hit him on his shoulder playfully.

"Jai hind sir! Neil Oberoi here, will report on duty tomorrow." Neil said and cut the call.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The End

A big thanks to all of you for your support, likes and comments.