Part 10

Part 10

Mini woke up in the morning and found Neil looking at her lovingly as he caressed her hair. Mini remembered last night. Their fight, then love making and she finally focused on the thought from last night that Neil tricked her into accepting his decision. She become upset and started to move out of bed. Neil tried to hold her hand but she jerked it away. "Still angry from me cheese cake. I thought I took care of your anger last night." Neil smirked. "Ya, I know how you fooled me." Mini commented.

Neil smiled, "Come on, forget about it now." Neil requested. "I am not upset because you made me accept your decision Neil. I am upset because you are still taking it all lightly. I asked you not to break my trust this time but you don't care about anything. You again started coming late, taking decisions on your own..... Soon you will adopt your old habits." Mini said as she hung her head in disappointment. "Mini, last night there were unavoidable circumstances...I couldn't...." Neil tried to explain but Mini gestured him to stop as she wore her clothes. "I don't want to hear your explanation Neil. I have enough experience to know that they all are just excuses. I just want you to remember that I have given you second chance. Treat it with respect don't just blow it off in the air." Mini warned him and left the room. While Neil sat there alone feeling hurt that she wont even understand his genuine problems let alone appreciate the efforts he made to live upto her expectations.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Sir, there is a good news. Finally the forensic reports have come. You were right. There was some kind of substance used to induce heart failure which couldn't be detected in normal post mortem procedure." Mickey informed Neil. "Ye hui na baat. Aisa kya use kiya tha killer ne zara hum bhi batao." Hanuman Singh came inside asked feeling ecstatic over the news as it was very vital for their case.

"There is plant called 'aconitum napellus' or as we call it purple poison or wolfsbane in popular culture.The very tiny particles of this plant was found in all victims vital organs in detail toxicology reports. Once mixed in the blood it works as a slow poison affecting victim's heart and nervous system making it looks like they are having heart failure and it is impossible to find it in the post mortem."Mickey informed.

"That's why they all died after exactly one day. Killer must have given them this poison on the day of their appointment and they died after one day around same time." Hanuman singh concluded. "Exactly sir." Mickey nodded. "But as far as I know this plant is not native to our country. Where did the killer got that plant?" Neil asked."Yes sir, this plant is mainly found in central Asia and Europe. Ancient Romans and central Asians once used this poison as a method of execution in their country." Mickey gave another information.

"So, you are saying that killer ordered this plant from abroad?" Neil asked. "Not necessarily, I know one place where such plants and herbs are kept in our city. Killer could have got it from there." Hanuman Singh said. "Where?" Neil asked. "There is a state botanical lab in Patiala. All types of herbs and plants are kept there for researchers. I know as I once visited that lab as Arya's school had organized a informative visit there for the children." Hanuman answered.

"So what are we waiting for lets go and check." Neil said and stood up. Then he remembered something and stopped in his track. "F**k! it all makes sense now." Neil exclaimed. "What are you talking about?" Mickey asked. "That Mr. Sarab Malhotra, he is famous botanist right? He must have excess to this lab. Who would know plants and their properties better than a botanist. His address was mentioned as Bobby Bhatia's address." Neil replied. "His bunglow located in the outskirts of city near the dumping ground." Mickey added further.