Part 2

Part 2

Hanuman Singh was waiting at the airport in the evening when the announcement of flight was made. He eagerly waited to receive Neil. After some time Neil came out with his team and as he expected he found Hanuman Singh waiting for him. He had asked him not to come but he knew Hanuman Singh would still come. He went towards him and following the official protocol Hanuman Singh and his team stood in attention and saluted him, "Jai Hind sir. I welcome you and your team on behalf of Patiala police." "At ease officer." Neil replied. "Now, if your official protocol is over can I greet my father in law?" Neil asked smiling and when Hanuman nodded he bent down to touch his feet. Hanuman Singh stopped him in between and hugged him instead.

All of them sat in the cars. Hanuman Singh started telling Neil about the case. "Five people are dead till now since last two months...."Neil interrupted him, "...All those five people were not related to each other.There are no evidence about the killer. No police records, no finger prints match...nothing. There is no pattern in choosing his victim and no particular date. The cause of death is still unknown but their bodies were later found cut into pieces." I know all of this. I want to know in more details." "Wow! You have done your homework well." Hanuman Singh complimented.

"Govt. expects result fast. You know all politics and pressure. So we should go the police station. Show me the case files." Neil said. "Yes, I understand everything but now its already 7.00 pm. Even if you get the files you wont be able to do anything till next morning so we will start from tomorrow." Hanuman suggested. "But..." Neil tried to argue but Hanuman interrupted him, "Neil, Arya is waiting for you since morning. If we will go late then she will fall asleep and will be upset in the morning." Hanuman informed.

A smile broke out on Neil's face hearing Arya's name. "Really? She is waiting for me? How is she? Its been so long I have not seen her face to face." Neil said. "She has become very naughty. She is your fan girl. Subah se bahut excited hai. Apne sabhi friends aur even neighbors ko bata chuki ki uske papa aaj aa rahe hain aur uske liye bahut sare gifts layenge....Neil, tum uske sare gifts laye ho na? Nahi toh naraaz ho jayegi tumse." Hanuman warned him. "Ofcourse, kaise bhool sakta hoon. Whenever she talks with me over phone she gives me a new updated list of things she wants from me....most of them are those things which her mumma denied her." Neil laughed but then suddenly his smile faded away on the mention of Mini.

"How is Mini?" Neil asked. "We are going home...you will see yourself." Hanuman replied. "I don't think she will come in front of me or even if she comes she wont be talking or spending time with me." Neil said. Hanuman could feel the sadness in his voice. "She will have to face you. I don't think she will have any other choice if you'll be living with us." Hanuman smiled at Neil. "Living with you? I thought we are only going to your house to meet Arya then you will drop me at govt. rest house." Neil put forward his doubt. "No, you'll be living with us." Hanuman replied.

"But Mini...did she agree? I mean she will be uncomfortable, its better if I shift in rest house." Neil said. "Don't worry about her. I have talked to her. And you both are still married why are you thinking so much? Don't you want to live with your family? Arya will also get to live with her mumma and papa." Hanuman asked. "I don't want anything more than to live with Mini and Arya but....Mini..you know she hates me...." Neil said but Hanuman asked him in between, "If she hates you then why you two didn't took divorce yet?"

"I don't know...may be because of Arya..she must have thought it will have bad affect on her upbringing." Neil guessed. "That is one thing but the more important thing is that she still loves you....I still remember last year when you were attacked while solving one case...you were severely injured and admitted to ICU. Mini had spent a whole week looking after you till you were shifted to the private ward." Hanuman reminded him. "Yes, you told me that before. She took care of me but never came in front of me when I came out of unconscious state." Neil told him. "I don't know about that...but she was hell worried in those days. See, I know your relationship has become complicated but I know my daughter and I know you too. You both love each other and you have Arya too. Children makes the bonding between the husband and wife strong. Take this case as the opportunity...opportunity that God has given you to mend everything between you and Mini." Hanuman explained. Neil just nodded to him hopefully.